Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what peice of technology could you not live without?

seti is offline Member

Question what peice of technology could you not live without?

As a disbabled person my pc is my main means of seeing what goes on in the world, my main scource of information and communication. My wife tells me that I spend more time with it than I do her This led me to thinking if I had to could I live without it my answer is probalbly no. So what piece of technology can't you live without

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

All of it. lol. But if I had to choose one it would be my wifes laptop... Without it I wouldn't have my PC all to myself lol. JR

PS, My wife used to say 'I spent more time with the computer than I did with her'. Thats why I got her a laptop for Christmas, now its very peaceful.

roraniel is offline Gold Member

Internet.

My wife used to say I spend more time with my laptop than her. Then my laptop broke, and she wasted no time at all getting me a new one!!
    Last edited by roraniel; 27th January 2009 at 17:30.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

^ LOL that was funny roraniel.

Its the laptop for me too

v3loc1ty is offline Gold Member

its my laptop i could not do without. amazingly, my girlfriend doesnt mind me spending time here than with her. since she works for the city.

iMav is offline Gold Member

I can live without a cell phone & the iPod. But no access to PC+internet shows withdrawal symptoms within 2 days.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

All wives seem to be the same. As long as they do not participate, they constantly comment. Once they are in it, there is peace in the house. My wife now runs her own blog (crafting) - I don't. Too much work.
    But the most important appliance for me is the dishwasher. If we did not have that, I would have to do the dishes - because she has "nails".
    The one thing I will never tolerate is a cell phone. Those things drive me nuts. In fact, I would even live without a phone all together - but try to tell her that. The other technical item I never use (at least in the US) is the TV. I cannot stand those commercials and fail to see why I should pay $50 per month for commercials.

alsiladka is offline Senior Member

I think a cellphone, though without internet access, it would loose much of its sheen!

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by whs
    All wives seem to be the same.
    And all men generalize.

I think it would be safe to say that all spouses/significant others seem to be the same. My husband doesn't know how to power on my computers and I think I'll keep it that way. I tried to explain what a phish is, demonstrating with one in my inbox. He just didn't get it. Technology just isn't his thing. East European history, politics, science fiction and any number of other topics are another matter. So he maintains the TV remote and I maintain the computers.

Since I fail to find much on television that is appealing and dislike shopping (yes, gentlemen, you read that correctly), I would indeed miss my internet connection.

Although there are alternatives (i.e., add a long-distance plan to our land line, use skype, online chat) the cell phone is my anytime link to my daughter and granddaughters, who live 1000 miles away.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Corinne, no need to rub it in. I know I am a male chauvinist - lol. But we have friends too where the wife is computer literate and the husband owns the TV controls. You are right, it goes both ways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast