Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: google earth

v3loc1ty is offline Gold Member

Default google earth

i just downloaded this program. is amazing the way you can zoom in on towns and cities and find out how to get from A to B. anyone else use it?

roraniel is offline Gold Member

My wife is a Google Earth nut. She knows a Professor at The University of North Carolina Chapel Hill that uses it to scope out new Archeological dig sites around the world. He claims he can see subtle topographical changes in areas that have objects buried under the soil.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

I used Google earth for a long time. Have taken "pictures" of all the places I once lived in - and there are many. It's also great for planning trips. If you go to an area you don't know, you can figure out approximately how it looks there. Here is an example of one of the places where I lived in the early 80's. It's really chrystal clear.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Yes its an amazing program. I believe with the latest version you can even 'go' underwater or in space.

ive noticed, while it is active, my CPU meter goes way up..i guess something like this you need a lot of resource.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Not really. Just to get it started (up to 60%), but then it is in the low 20s. What is your CPU and RAM?

right now its hovering between 5% and 17% RAM is at 50%. still, im gonna keep google earth..is unique..i was able to zoom in on south lake tahoe and san francisco, my 2 fave cities

seti is offline Member

I've been using google earth for a while, and yes Andy the lastest version does go underwater as well! The only thing that I have found with it is that the images from it were from 2006, which means where I am writing this from doesn't show up, and it never showed my last garden in all of its beauty. But at least it showed the Isle of Man so I shouldn't complain too much

skidmark is offline Windows Enthusiast

Great app! Also really like the Street Views of Google maps. I've used google earth before but don't have it on this PC. Does anybody know the size of the download?

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Great app! Also really like the Street Views of Google maps. I've used google earth before but don't have it on this PC. Does anybody know the size of the download?
    7.37 mbs if that helps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast