Thread: Allure - free tools for customizing Windows

Hari Maurya is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up Allure - free tools for customizing Windows

Allure is a free software, light on disk and resources that enable everyone to enjoy nice looking non Microsoft Visual Themes without the usual complex and error prone steps, nor without replacing nor modifying your system files like uxtheme.dll.

What´s New in version 1.1:

* Fixed a bug where Allure would refuse to start.
    * Data driven patcher check AllureConfig.txt for more details.
    * Added support for UxTheme.dll 6.00.2900.2180 and 6.00.2900.5512 for Danish, German, English (United States), French (France), Korean, Polish, Swedish, Chinese (PRC), Spanish (Spain). Thanks to Rafael Rivera / withinwindows.com for the patch data.

Allure is completely free and will always remain free, which means you can use it free of charge for any purposes.

Download

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

Thanks for the heads up.

seti is offline Member

Thanks for this. Just one thing when people are doing this can we have it in English English not in american english sometimes please

roraniel is offline Gold Member

Seti:

I know what you mean.

I had an American visiting for training when I lived in the UK and one day at work he asked the receptionist if khaki pants and suspenders were ok to wear to dinner that night. The receptionist just about blew a gasket laughing.

seti is offline Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by roraniel View Post
    Seti:

I know what you mean.

I had an American visiting for training when I lived in the UK and one day at work he asked the receptionist if khaki pants and suspenders were ok to wear to dinner that night. The receptionist just about blew a gasket laughing.
    That has got to be one of the funniest things I've read in ages. No wonder she did (thanks)

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

On which platform does Allure work?

"For this first release Allure only works on some of the latest versions of Windows XP and some languages only. If it does not work on your version, just email me your version of uxtheme.dll. Allure has also been designed to be extensible and I do not foresee any issue about extending it to more versions of XP, Vista and Windows 7 if there is some interest and demand."

Has anyone tried it on Vista?

EDIT : OK, it didnt work on my Vista!

robertwnielsen is offline Beginner

The download page clearly states ONLY SOME VERSIONS of XP. Guess Vista users are stuck with patching the uxtheme.dll files, or resource hogs like Windowblinds.

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by robertwnielsen View Post
    The download page clearly states ONLY SOME VERSIONS of XP. Guess Vista users are stuck with patching the uxtheme.dll files, or resource hogs like Windowblinds.
    Hi and welcome to our forum> thanks for that information I thought I'd better check back here before going owards and you've saved me the trouble

v3loc1ty is offline Gold Member

ah only for xp okkies..but since i have windowblinds, this wont be any use to me.