Thread: Share your Windows OS experience here.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

Default Share your Windows OS experience here.

Guys we all are windows lover here.....i start this thread to tell and share your experiences about the different versions of windows used by you....

Till now i've experienced the following windows version:

Windows 3.1: once i've got a chance to check the junk of computers in my college and what i find there is a pc having windows 3.1 installed on it....i was so much surprised as i never expected that i ever got a chance to work on windows3.1 but thats my luck....it was a great experience to me, i started the machine...it booted in the DOS then i go to windows directory and type win to start windows......and here the windows 3.1 starts loading....at starting it was very difficult for me to interact with 3.1 but later on i managed to work on it....guys you know it have a tutorial application on how to use a mouse i spend 2hours on it......played solitaire, use its notepad and many other features of it......

Windows95 & 98: i've also used both these versions of windows also and also surf the internet using IE5 on PC having a dsl connection....it was also a great experience as i only use win95 2 or 3 times but uses 98 many times..

Windows2000 & XP: NT based versions of Windows....having great capabilities and lots of resources. 2000 till now used in the most of the cybers...and what i say about XP....it rocks..

Windows Vista: for this version of Windows i just say that i fall in love with vista....it's just awesome.....i'm loving it...

Windows7:testing it and till now i found it that many Linux priests n lovers that are in my knowledge wants to know about it and using it and enjoying it........i am sure that it will break all the records....

Windows HomeServer & Server2008 RC2: in server categories till now i used two versions till now, both are good but i have a bad experience with home server but fault is mines...as i installed it with reading the instructions carefully and lost all my data...but thanks to stellar phoniex software...it recovered all my formatted data.....windows server 2008 is more secured and have lots of features and i am just starts using it from last few days....so just starts exploring it....

So guys this is my experience with different version of windows......and what's yours ?

seti is offline Member

Thumbs up

The first version of Windows I purchased for myself was Windows 95, which I thought was wonderful at the time, a bit fiddly having to load from floppy and CD and the dreaded blue screen happend quite a few times. Then Windows 98SE, I waited until the SE came out because the original version had so many problems, it was an improvement on 95 but not that greatly different. I then got my wonderful ME which I loved and holds fond memories for me. I did my first business plan on here and I loved the defragger, it was better and more stable than 98SE, but some will always say it was not one of the best. XP, well at first I hated it with and really hated so much that I went back to ME, but then after SP1 I went back to it using the Home Edition which I could tweak and get it to work the way I wanted it to do so. I stayed loyal through SP2, but then thought it looked dated and had had it's day. Now I have my wonderful Vista Ultimate 64 bit, which is a pleasure to work with and suits me completley, yes it has its faults, but you can forgive those. I am totally "in love with it". I have got 7 as well, but I am not sure about it yet, but then she has yet to grow up and when she blossoms I'm sure that she'll be ok.
    So my favorite Windows Vista followed by XP proffessional, then ME and then 98SE & 95, 3.1 (only used at work) 7 too early to pass comment on
    great idea for a post thanks

James is offline Microsoft MVP

@ nitinagarwal1988: no Windows Me?

I went from DOS to Windows 3.1 (with a brief affair with OS/2) and every 'consumer' version since, as well as NT4. I installed Windows Server 2003 on my desktop once, just to try it out. I have been a Windows beta-tester starting with Windows Me.<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_128077", true); </SCRIPT>

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    @ nitinagarwal1988: no Windows Me?

I went from DOS to Windows 3.1 (with a brief affair with OS/2) and every 'consumer' version since, as well as NT4. I installed Windows Server 2003 on my desktop once, just to try it out. I have been a Windows beta-tester starting with Windows Me.<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_128077", true); </SCRIPT>
    that's the only version of windows which i miss in my list.....but someday i'll use both NT4 and Win Me....

scouser73 is offline New Member

The first Windows based PC I owned had ME on it, what a load of rubbish that was, then i went to XP, which I thought was excellent, and now I'm using Vista Ultimate, which is amazing. I think it's the best I've used so far, that's including all the Linux variations that I've tried.

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by scouser73 View Post
    The first Windows based PC I owned had ME on it, what a load of rubbish that was, then i went to XP, which I thought was excellent, and now I'm using Vista Ultimate, which is amazing. I think it's the best I've used so far, that's including all the Linux variations that I've tried.
    I don't know why people knock ME I never had any problems with it at all I loved it and only very reluctantly moved to XP. Perhaps I'll start a ME fan club

Dude111 is offline Windows Enthusiast

My favourite os is Win98se

I also have used Win95 and it was OK but not nearly as good as 98se is..

mezanul is offline Beginner

I started my Windows journey with Windows 98 SE, liked it very much. Then came Windows ME, which was also good... But the real change came with Windows XP, which I still use along with Windows 7 Ultimate. In between Vista came and went by..