Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you were the CEO of Microsoft ...

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

Default If you were the CEO of Microsoft ...

This funny discussion is to share what you want to add in Microsoft or what policy changes you'd make if you were to be its CEO...

If i was the CEO of MS, i'd open a university having its branches all over the world where students studying the sciences of computers would be helped and i would also make Microsoft serve better, to this world......

seti is offline Member

I would start by recognising the the Isle of Man is not part of the United Kingdom Then I would set up a base on the Isle of Man to take advantage of our lower tax rates, very stable economy, and great employee. Then I would sponser the TT races each year, then I would give each member of this forum free Windows for life whatever the operating system (and an updated pc so they could run it on)but they woul have had to been members and had made at least two posts before 21 February 2009

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Nice idea for a thread

I would focus on rationalizing and cutting out the Live basket deadwood. Too many services; too much overlapping ...

leofelix is offline Member

I would subscribe to winvistaclub of course

Then I'll start to make presents and gifts to all members for exaple new computers for all with Windows Vista Ultimate or Windows 7
    Last edited by leofelix; 21st February 2009 at 14:39.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

thanks everybody for sharing.......
    and one more thing i do is that contracts with the famous celebrities to promote and advertise MS Products
    and also offers steve jobs to be the brand ambassador of MS

keep sharing guys......

seti is offline Member

Exclamation

Which leeds to another interesting idea and that is which famous person real or fictitious ,would you like to see advertise MS from history or now. My choice would be Gandalf from Lord of the Ring and my slogan would be " If you think I can perform Magic, Just see what Windows can do"

James is offline Microsoft MVP

I think MS needs to get back to grass roots. By not catering to the home user, they have created a 'corporate monster' type of image amongst the common folk, IMO. They recently announced that they might be opening brick and mortar stores in select locations and I think this is a step in the right direction. Like the Apple Store, or the Sony stores, something people can relate to.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

I think MS is doing a pretty decent job. I worked on operating systems 10 times smaller than e.g. Vista (in terms of LOC) for systems 10 times bigger, and I can appreciate their problem. With the monolithic design of Windows, they are dragging too much legacy around. A completely new approach is in order.
    I would go for a VM based system where people can continue running their old stuff whilst starting to use a completely new approach. Same for the new OS - it could e.g. "tunnel" service requests for old devices to an older OS running as one of the guests. This would make them independent of this terrible driver problem. This could be completely transparent to the user - operating systems come and go on an "as needed" basis.
    By the time they get this done, we'll all have at least 16 cores in the CPU and 64 to 128GBs of RAM - a Vista or an XP would disappear in the creases.

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

I would release Windows 7 sooon and make sure it cant be activated by hack methods and i ll reduce the price of each of the windows 7 version and in built apps all genuine ... so that no one would go for piracy when original is cheap...

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

I would reduce the price of Windows to the half of the current price so that every Windows lover can have a genuine copy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast