View Poll Results: Support International law against child abuse pictures on internet

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes I would

11 100.00%
  • no I wouldn't it is up to individual countries

0 0%
  • No it is up to the ISPS to prevent

0 0%
  • don't know

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you support intenational laws preventing pictures of child abuse on internet

seti is offline Member

Default Would you support intenational laws preventing pictures of child abuse on internet

I know that many of us here have families and I am surprise to learn that there are no laws to prevent pictures of child abuse on the internet but there is a code of practice that most (but not all) ISPS follow.

So would you support an International Law to prevent pictures of child abuse from the internet that was applied in all counties?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Yes, absolutely !

leofelix is offline Member

Yes of course.
    I fight every kind of pedophilia, I'd like there would be an international law against this.
    A very severe law

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

As most of you know I am a father to 2 little girls so I have voted 'YES'.

This topic is very close to my heart, having children I'm always suspicious of the way people look at my kids (Men and Women). I think that paedophilia is WRONG and should be treated as a much more serious penalty as it currently is. My wife was sexually abused when she was a child by her step dad and all got was 3 years. This should be changed to life and I don't mean 25 years and out in 12 for good behaviour I mean life. If they are messed up to the extent of doing the said action then they do NOT belong in our society.

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Unanimous!

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Its must !

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

yes, i too help to stop such type of activites on the internet......exposing childern pics.......uploading of things which abuses childs are very bad.....
    internet is a way to share and connect good things......not for sharing or exposing all this stuff......the developers of internet would never thought of that it will be used for all this

i suggest that there must be a community of ISP's and the guys who control activities over internet.....who track all such activites and remove them. for this purpose they open systems by which every internet user can report abuse links and if they find it abuse they'll remove it very easily...

this will work to a greater extent to make internet clean and safe......

seti is offline Member

I have very personal reasons for posting this. JR your comments are correct that anyone who is guilty should be given a life sentence and that should mean life, because that is what they have given to their victims. There is no excuse for child abuse, if you don't believe me ask an expert and by that I don't mean some social worker or doctor who are just excuse makers, but a real expert one who has (is continuing to go through it) they might be closer than you think.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Absolutely, there is only one problem. How do you enforce "international" laws. There should be a mechanism that forces them eventually into national law (like in the EU).

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Not perfect, whs, but there is the International Court of Justice

Jurisdiction

The International Court of Justice acts as a world court. The Court has a dual jurisdiction : it decides, in accordance with international law, disputes of a legal nature that are submitted to it by States (jurisdiction in contentious cases); and it gives advisory opinions on legal questions at the request of the organs of the United Nations or specialized agencies authorized to make such a request (advisory jurisdiction).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast