Thread: What do you think is missing in Windows 7?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Question What do you think is missing in Windows 7?

Windows 7 certainly seems set to become the best incarnation of Windows yet. But despite all the updates and tweaks some feel that this OS is missing some features:

1. File compression formats. Support for more file compression formats - Files such as .RAR and .7Z.
    2. Built-in PDF reader. Iíve got an .XPS reader that I never use, not having .PDF support seems silly.
    3. Secure delete. In this era of ID theft and so on, a secure delete app seems like a sensible precaution.
    4. Password Manager. Again, passwords are a fact of life, and keeping track of them is becoming increasingly difficult. A simple password manager would encourage users to adopt good habits.
    5. Blu-ray support. Since the HD war was won by Blu-ray I canít understand why Windows 7 doesnít support it.
    6. Proper .ISO support. Windows 7 supports the burning of .ISO images, but thereís no sign of the ability to mount them. Why not?

A good read at ZDNet.

What do you think is missing from Windows 7?

seti is offline Member

Thumbs up

What I would really like is the next step up from Vista's excellent firewall is an included full security suite, (which could be uninstalled by those who didn't want it) either as a full part or an add extra during installation, because that way many people would not have to shop around to try and get one and know that there was one that could be trusted

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

I was expecting a powerful paint program something like Paint.net. But Microsoft has not done much to the old paint.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

it provides a lots of new features, some were not expecting by me......though some essentials are missing but will be soon solved but though Win7 is cool....

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by seti View Post
    What I would really like is the next step up from Vista's excellent firewall is an included full security suite...
    Freeware Moro should help.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Well, the first thing I tweaked was to get the quick launch back. That was easily done, but should not be necessary. No idea why they took it away.