Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Sales Engineers are using Windows 7

mariotrz is offline Beginner

Default Microsoft Sales Engineers are using Windows 7

Hi guys,
    I dont know if this is of any interest for you, but here in Brasil a Microsoft sales engineer that's working with our engineers in preparing a big sales presentation to a common client, is using Windows 7, and said he'll never look back again.
    So, if they are using, why wouldn't we?
    mario from Brasil

seti is offline Member

Welcome to the forum Interesting post do you have any more information you can share on it

No not much more than this. There were lots of people on the meeting, and the MS guy was preparing the presentation in PowerPoint based on everybody's input. He had a dual core with 4 Gb memory IBM laptop, and looked VERY proficient on the OS use, indicating he's been working for quite some time with it. All reactions of the laptop were very fast, even the dreadful windows search which was almost instantaneous.
    Anyway, this was VERY reassuring about the new release.
    mario from Brasil

iMav is offline Gold Member

Yes, its a known fact. As a mater of fact, it was a Sales rep through whom some build nos. are known. Even as of now the latest build 7061 which according to news is out, I have asked a MSFT guy & he has in no less words confirmed that they will/are installing those builds.

I had visited MSFT office here in Bombay & there they had a drive wherein they were telling their employees to upgrade to Windows 7. They were also giving away "I'm a Windows 7 PC" stickers to the guys who wanted them. I got myself 4 & now proudly have it at the back of my machine.

does any one knows if MS have ever before enforced such a move by it's own people? especially considering W 7 is still in beta?
    by all means this is a VERY strong sign that MS REALLY believes in it!!

iMav is offline Gold Member

Yes. Back during the launch of Server 2008 it was mentioned that Microsoft had internally already moved to Server 2008 long before its launch.

hummmm....
    not sure Server 2008 counts!
    it is a specialized OS, not for general use, while in the case of W 7, those reps are taking their computers to clients and partners and actually using the OS on the open, not in MS premises. Anything can go wrong and this wouldn't be good advertising.
    They MUST be VERY sure and confident about their new OS.

roraniel is offline Gold Member

Why not?

This is the kind of corporate team building that more companies should do. I love the comments about the stickers being given out to employees. Companies should encourage their employees to use their product and go out and show it off.

Good for MS.!

Quote Originally Posted by mariotrz View Post
    does any one knows if MS have ever before enforced such a move by it's own people? especially considering W 7 is still in beta?
    by all means this is a VERY strong sign that MS REALLY believes in it!!

seti is offline Member

This is a very interesting post. I agree totally with roraniel's comments companies should give things away and it does build team commitment.Good on MS is all I can say

I also totally agree with MS procedures for W 7.
    This is what serious Software companies should do. Seems MS is learning or learned this after lot's of beating and spanking on it's name. Hope they continue on this path.
    This shows total commitment on it's software and also that they believe completely on it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast