Thread: Google Chrome -- Out of Beta But Still Buggy

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

Wink Google Chrome -- Out of Beta But Still Buggy

Though Google Chrome might be out of its beta stage, it still has a long and difficult journey ahead. As Guardian's Technology Blog reported, critical vulnerabilities were found in Google Chrome by Chapin Information Systems (CIS). Five popular browsers were tested. Chrome did not perform well in the tests.
    As per CIS, Google Chrome has critical flaws related to its password management function. CIS had tested Opera 9.62, Firefox 3.0.4, Internet Explorer 7.0, Safari 3.2, and Chrome 1.0. Opera 9.62 and Firefox 3.0.4 faired well in the test by passing seven of the 21 tests, while Chrome 1.0 and Safari 3.2 managed to pass only two.

Chrome's password manager had revealed critical flaws in the tests. Hackers can easily obtain user passwords since the browser neither checks password request location nor password sent location. Also, form elements coded to be invisible can trigger password management. Users will have to rely on some other software, web service, or their memory to remember their passwords.
    CIS says, "These three problems, combined with seventeen others so far identified in Chrome's password manager, form a toxic soup of potential vulnerabilities that can coalesce into broad insecurity."
    Chrome has a lot to catch up on when it comes to community-based development; after all, browsers become better and faster after developers learn from the mistakes of others.

Source | Techtree.com

leofelix is offline Member

I think that Chrome beta stage was too short.
    Even if they say Chrome is more than a browser I do not like it.
    I tested it for a while.. well, now it's possible to have some add ons for it, but I still do not like it.
    Thank you
    an happy firefox user

seti is offline Member

I too tried it and then went to IE8 which I think is the best at the moment, although it is always worthwhile keeping an eye out for alternatives so thanks for the post.

Choto Cheeta is offline Trusted Member

Infact same thing happened with many Google desktop products, couple of these flop products would be, Google Internet optimizer / Google Packs

Some how these below equations dont work..

Microsoft + Web products = !@$!$!##!
    Google + Desktop products = @#$%@!

Where as,

Microsoft + Desktop products =
    Google + Web products =