Thread: Hey everyone...

James is offline Microsoft MVP

Default Hey everyone...

I know I haven't been around here much lately. I'm off work this week, but we're having some home reno done, so I should have some more time here (as professionals are doing the work).
    I have also been busy moving my blog from Blogger to Wordpress, and hosted on a friend's server with my windowstalk.org domain. He works for Hostopia, so he knows what he is doing; I have no clue about server software or management of a server. It is a Linux server, but don't tell anyone.
    I'm not ready to go 'live' yet; there are more tweaks and such to be done. I am not that familiar with Wordpress, so it is a learning experience as well. In the meantime my current blog will still be updated as time permits.

seti is offline Member

Don't eny you having the work done as it is messy while it is being done, but I hope it si completed for you in time and makes your life a lot better as a result.

Actually, seti, it is going pretty good. The worst part (for my wife & I) was all the prep work we had to do so the pros could come in this week and lay down laminate flooring on our main floor. I'm sitting outside on a beautiful 21C day surfing the 'Net and having a coffee.

Choto Cheeta is offline Trusted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jemes
    It is a Linux server
    Welcome to the world of Linux

So many of us, who are running Windows (Topics / content) based web blog under fully Linux and open source environment !!!

Hope you would enjoy WP, infact Anand also moved to WP in his new project of TheWindowsClub.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jemes
    He works for Hostopia, so he knows what he is doing; I have no clue about server software or management of a server. It is a Linux server, but don't tell anyone.
    Lucky you..

I my case, I had to learn all that via the hard way of trial n error and loads of reading (Tutorials / Documentations) !!

Thanks..

leofelix is offline Member

I was just wondering: where is James?
    I thought You were on vacations too.
    Well, we won't tell anyone that your blog is migrating to a Linux Server

Take care

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

I have also been busy moving my blog from Blogger to Wordpress, and hosted on a friend's server with my windowstalk.org domain. He works for Hostopia, so he knows what he is doing;
    You have got a good domain name, James.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

thats cool james, you are migrating to WP, you are now taking more interest in blogging, its a good thing, as you mentioned earlier that you are not much interested in bologging.....my Best wishes are always with you, windowstalk will gonna be more and more popular....

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

Wordpress pwns Blogger so much can be done using wordpress.. one more wordpress user joins the list..

Well, it is not a user-friendly as Blogger, that's for sure. I'm not a coder and I don't know how to change fonts and little things like that. At least Blogger had live previews of aesthetic changes. I'll stick with Blogger for the time being and try and learn WP when I can.

adnrock is offline New Member

you are welcome to this forum. I am junior but can say this because reading this forum now.