Thread: Windows 7 Kills Snow Leopard and Eats It

soumya is offline Windows Enthusiast

Smile Windows 7 Kills Snow Leopard and Eats It

OK people, it's over. Clearly, Windows 7 will kill and eat Snow Leopard. Apparently, people don't give a damn about the kitten, but are drooling over Steve B's beast. At least, that's what Google Trends says:

Of course, while Snow Leopard's new core features were revealed during last WWDC, Windows 7 was just unveiled. That may explain the spike in favor of the new Windows version, but if you look at the Google Trends, you will see that it also includes the time in which Snow Leopard was revealed to the world in June 2008. It barely blinked in this graph.

We also knew about the most exciting things about Snow Leopard back in June 2008, but these are things under the hood. Windows 7, on the other side, got a new coat of paint. That may another part of this change, but still, look at the scale of those curves.

The easy—and most reasonable—explanation is that Mac OS X doesn't matter in most places, and that the size of Window's market share is so big that it really will never matter—no matter what Mac OS X fanboys think—unless the whole computing paradigm changes from desktops and laptops to something else. Out there, it is still a big Windows world and the Mac is just a tiny aluminum oasis in a sea of beige.

GIZMODO

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

Lol.....Steve Ballmer is looking scary in that pic...Windows 7 and leopard....no comparison...

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

cool I like to see a good Mac slap

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

Cool image there.

seti is offline Member

Interesting post. I was thinking as I was reading this, that even with the so called unpopularity of of Vista that apple nor anyone else has been able to take advantage. I believe the reason being is that MS is trusted and does learn, but that is my personal opinion, just like it is my personal opinion that Vista is the best OS yet (I do not know enough about 7 to make a comment)

Choto Cheeta is offline Trusted Member

Lets see..

What if, I say again, if, the MAC OS X would not have been an OS tied up to Apple only hardware.. I am pretty sure, it would have given much higher competition than LINUX..

Dont you think, main reason for OS X to loose out is COSTLY apple hardware ??

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Choto Cheeta View Post
    Lets see..

What if, I say again, if, the MAC OS X would not have been an OS tied up to Apple only hardware.. I am pretty sure, it would have given much higher competition than LINUX..

Dont you think, main reason for OS X to loose out is COSTLY apple hardware ??
    I think I agree with you there completely as it seems to be better than most Linux that I've seen. Perhaps, someone will read your post and say well..why not give a go, after all anyone can make hardware, but great software? Didn't a certain Mr Gates and others go along that path some time ago. I wonder what happend to them, O that is right they built the most successful company software ever

Choto Cheeta is offline Trusted Member

Quote Originally Posted by seti
    Perhaps, someone will read your post and say well..why not give a go,
    I wish apple could think in the same way