DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Have you taken the Blind Search Engine Test yet?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Exclamation Have you taken the Blind Search Engine Test yet?

What happens when you do a search that doesn’t have branding. Are you swayed by the branding of our favourite search engines?

To figure it out, Michael Kordahi has built a “Blind Search”. Basically, you enter a query, get back three results in random order then select the column which you believe gave you the best results.

At the time of writing, Google was leading at 40%, followed by Bing at 38% & Yahoo at 22%.

Reminds me of the ‘Mojave Experiment’. Will be interesting to see these results develop.

I searched for The Windows Club and voted for what I felt were the best results. What is your experience?

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

yay i gave "Tech Mania" was the search query Google gave 2nd spot and Bing gave me 1st and yahoo gave a error.

seti is offline Member

Great post Andy. I tried TT races, because they are on at the moment and while, both that returned results, returned the same page at the start, Bing was the only one to give more than one totally correctly identified not only the Isle of Man TT but other TTs. Yahoo did nothing, and Google went wondering off somewhere. I have to say that I am very impressed by Bing so far.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

According to latest Voting results Bing leads with 43%.... Bing it!!! world is finding Bing more useful and better.....

Corrine is offline Gold Member

The results are certainly flip-flopping throughout the day. This is what it shows as I post this response:

Google: 30%, Bing: 24%, Yahoo: 46% | 41,404 votes

How did Yahoo get so many votes?

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

^ @Corrine : here is the answer of your ques...
    UPDATE: The poll has been compromised. Probably equally due to my lack of leet skills and to the malicious person gaming it.

I’ve removed the ability to see the results until I sort this out. Meanwhile you can still have fun playing with blind search. Feel free to blame the douche for ruining it for everybody. Meanwhile, I wouldn’t take this a scientific whats-e-ma-jing, it’s just a bit of observational fun.
    Reported by Delicate Genius Blog

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by nitinagarwal1988 View Post
    According to latest Voting results Bing leads with 43%.... Bing it!!! world is finding Bing more useful and better.....
    Congrats Microsoft !!! Bing is leading ahead.
    Anybody noted, only Yahoo is coming down.