DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Create a short and safe url link to replace your email address with Scrim

roraniel is offline Gold Member

Lightbulb Create a short and safe url link to replace your email address with Scrim

I found this site while stumbling. You can use it to create a url to replace your email address on websites and social network sites. That way your real email address is not revealed.

scr.im Share your email in a safe way. Get less spam.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Thats one useful find. Let me check it out. Thanks roraniel

I only hope that they don't misuse the mail id we submit for spamming. While this one doesn't ask for it, generally speaking, do remember, never give out your passwords on 3rd party sites, should any ask for them ...

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Thats one useful find. Let me check it out. Thanks roraniel

I only hope that they don't misuse the mail id we submit for spamming. While this one doesn't ask for it, generally speaking, do remember, never give out your passwords on 3rd party sites, should any ask for them ...
    Very wise and important advice

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

Yeah, thanks andy for the tip.....once i gave my gmail id at some website which was offering some offers and after that i have to stop using my gmail id because it was a spamming website and i was started recieving tonns of spams daily, Just use Gtalk from that id

roraniel is offline Gold Member

Also, NEVER respond to any email that is asking you to update any kink of account information or re-activate any kink of account by using an included link.

These are all scams used to steal your account information. They are all designed to appear to be from a legitimate company like PayPal, your bank, eBay, email services, ect.

Another big one is an email from eBay saying you have not paid for an item you purchased and asking you to use a link to sign in and contest the charges.

Basically consider ANY link in an email that goes to a sign in screen to be a scam.

leofelix is offline Member

It seems a good idea,
    maybe a little bit complex.
    I generally do not share my main e-mail address and I use a powerful and portable antispam.
    I recognize scam, phishing and spam well enough.
    Thank you roraniel