DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: The Launch of Windows 7 - Will it be a success?

Ciprian is offline Beginner

Default The Launch of Windows 7 - Will it be a success?

Our editorial team would like to start a conversation about the upcoming launch of Windows 7.

We made an analysis of the problems Windows Vista had at its launch and what is the status for Windows 7. The analysis is called Will Windows 7 Have The Same Problems As Windows Vista?

Give it a read and help us get the conversation started by telling us what you think.

James is offline Microsoft MVP

Done! Thanks for starting a good discussion.
    Blooged (and Twittered) here:
    http://windowstalkorg.yourwebhosting...windows-vista/
    Last edited by James; 21st June 2009 at 11:24.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

Nice discussion going there!!!! thanks.....i joined your forum, expecting some good sharing there with fun

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

What Vista was burdened with, was the hype created during its launch. Windows 7 will not carry that baggage as it is expected to be a soft launch.

And in any case, almost all Vista issues have been addressed in SP2. Windows 7 has gone a few steps further in fine-tuning this OS, as a result, it is expected to be Microsofts finest!

Thanks a lot for the blog post and twit. Highly appreciated.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Vista had originally suffered from shaky quality - especially in the drivers area. W7 does not seem to have that same problem. It will have good success - especially with the XP crowd that is sitting in large part on older gear. The Vista SP2 people might be more difficult to move - they are usually pretty up-to-date.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    What Vista was burdened with, was the hype created during its launch. Windows 7 will not carry that baggage as it is expected to be a soft launch.

And in any case, almost all Vista issues have been addressed in SP2. Windows 7 has gone a few steps further in fine-tuning this OS, as a result, it is expected to be Microsofts finest!
    I don't think that hype is a problem. Windows 7 already generated lots of buzz and a very positive one too. And i'm sure it will help. The quality matters and things such as drivers and application availability and this is pretty much fixed cause we had Vista for 2 years.

roraniel is offline Gold Member

Nice post and great thread. It looks like W& is headed towards a huge success.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Despite all the hype and positive news about W7 one should not forget the question of price. The prices that I have seen are pretty steep for many and may be an impediment for a lot of people. Then it will be like Vista, the growth comes from the new hardware sales (at least for the non-commercial sector).
    E.g. speaking for myself, I am pretty happy with Vista and will not dish out an extra $1000 or so (for my 4 systems) to switch to W7.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Hype had heightened expectation from Vista. All were waiting for the 'WOW', and when the OS started facing problems with Drivers, Copying, etc, folks were pissed off!

There were no real expectations or hype surrounding its arrival. People started using it, and while it did 'bite' initially, after a lot of patching, it started fitting in like and old shoe ... worn-in, cozy, comfortable .

Windows 7 has been tried and tested as Vista. It should now do well.