Thread: Palm Pre - iPhone Killer (as per they say!)

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

Default Palm Pre - iPhone Killer (as per they say!)

Palm Pixi as we know it is in news since they pooped a word about it marking it as a iPhone Killer phone. And now it is here a truly killer phone with sleek design and an attractive looks and what more a QWERTY keyboard too...

Look what they say on their official site-

Introducing Palm® Pre™, a phone so in sync with your life it feels like it's thinking ahead for you. Pre pulls your different online calendars into one view, bringing you the information you want without having to search for it. Pre links your contacts from different sources, giving you one place to find what you need. And Pre delivers incoming messages and notifications in an intuitively subtle way, letting you react or respond however you want.1 People, events, information that matters. With Palm Pre, it'll come to you.

So actually what are the feature that will market it as a Killer phone.

• 2.63-inch multi-touch screen (16 million colours, 320x400 pixels)
    • Proximity sensor, which automatically disables the touch screen and turns off the display whenever you put the phone up to your ear
    • Light sensor, which dims the display if the ambient light is dark, such as at night or in a movie theater, to reduce power usage
    • Accelerometer, which automatically orients web pages and photos to your perspective
    • Gesture area, which enables simple, intuitive gestures for navigation
    • Ringer switch, which easily silences the device with one touch
    • Exposed QWERTY keyboard for fast messaging
    • 2-megapixel camera with fixed-focus and LED flash
    • 8GB of internal user storage (microSD slot for expansion)
    • Standard 3.5mm audio jack
    • Robust messaging support (IM, SMS and MMS capabilities)
    • High-performance, desktop-class web browser
    • Email, including Exchange ActiveSync, as well as personal email support (Google push, Yahoo! push, POP3, IMAP)
    • GPS with A-GPS
    • 3G (EV-DO), Bluetooth 2 with A2DP; no Wi-Fi
    • The first handset to launch with Qualcomm's high-performance MSM7627 chipset
    • Removable, rechargeable 1150 mAh battery
    • 10% thinner than the iPhone 3GS and 20% thinner than any BlackBerry phone
    • 55mm (W) x 111mm (L) x 10.85mm (D)
    • 99.5 grams

Apart from this Palm Pixi has something more to talk about its new OS i.e. webOS, unlike any smart phone palm pixi doesn't use ANDROID or Symbian platform for its new phone but instead it took forward webOS like its predecessor Palm Pre.

Palm webOS is a smartphone platform, powered by Linux, and developed by Palm. The Palm Pre smartphone is the first device to launch with webOS

Have a look at Gallery of palm Pixi

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

^Phone is looking awesome and full of latest features......

ronnie666 is offline New Member

I’ve been watching the evolution of the iPhone for a long time now. It is simply amazing to see how that phone caught on and found its way in to the hands of so many. It’s popularity is freaking amazing. I had an old model Palm Treo 700 and enjoyed the heck out of it. But as a techno geek junkie I have to say, it just lacked the really cool factor of the iPhone. More and more people are coming to adore Apple. I say all this because although I encourage competition from companies like Palm, Nokia, Samsung and others, I would give odds that together, they would not build an iPhone killer. Now a new Motorola droid is coming on its way with a status mention in front as an “iPhone Killer”. It looks good but how long it affects iPhone’s market, just waits and watch.

Ronnie Williams.

seti is offline Member

These thing are changing so rapidly now it is hard to keep with them. Makes you wonder whatever next.

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

For me its a KILLER

ronnie666 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by seti View Post
    These thing are changing so rapidly now it is hard to keep with them. Makes you wonder whatever next.
    You said right mate that things are changing rapidly and all of us are becoming the slavers of these new up coming changings
    After release of iPhone in markets the approach towards smart phones is totally changed and people are now looking for new launch from smarthphone making companies.
    As time passes new technology takes place the old one's. Accessories had not much importance in the past as they have today. Cell phones marketing and sale is very much dependent on apps and accessories nowadays. As we all know the iPhone's popularity is majorly based on it's applications and iphone accessories. But who knows motorola droid and it's accessories take place in future and cut down the market value of iphone.

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

it looks like the pink phones turtle shaped if u turn it in the other direction but features are awesome..