Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fix WU Utility : Feedback & Support Thread

gsiamrod is offline New Member

Default Fix WU Utility

Hello all. I am new here and luckily found this site. My issues are: on 2-2-13 I went to MS update to dnld. items. I have AU, but went there to see if any new items were of interest. There was 1 critical item and 2 optional items. I clicked all and they dnld. Afterward, update kept giving restart warnings to finish dnld. Restart didn't stop notices. Then, I found two of the items did not match my OS. They faild, and now AU will not work, I cannot access WUD from updater and AUD will not respond.When I go to updates from start, it blocks access with the restart notice. I downloaded and ran Fix WU Utility, but have same issue. Get error code 80070BC9 and KB2754295. Have run Malwarebytes, Tweeking Windows Repair, MS Fix It- still have restart blocking AUD. If I try to open the wuapp file, it gives me the notice to restart. Sorry if this post is so windy. Have put hours&hours on fixes. Any ideas & help is greatly appreciated. If I am in the wrong forum, please move to correct one. Thanks, Rod

dragan is offline New Member

Default Cannot update Windows 7 Home Basic

Hi all,

I haven't updated my Windows 7 Home Basic for months and months, maybe even longer than a year, simply because I can't. I have tried numerous things, too many to mention, but no luck. The best I got for my efforts is error message, always the same one:

Windows could not search for new updates
    An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer
    Error(s) found: Code 80073712
    Windows Update encountered an unknown error

I really got excited when I saw this Fix WU Utility, because that is probably the only thing I didn't try before. But unfortunately, that didn't work for me neither. Maybe some of the people on this forum knows how to sort out this issue manually? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Please see if this link or the other links at the end of this post help you: Windows Update not working?

SMRA07 is offline New Member

Windows update just says "windows can't check for updates" and when you click to search for updates it just says "checking for updates" but it doesn't do anything.

I have tried the Fix WU utility, but still no joy. I had Windows Security Essentials and that is showing no virus and I have installed Virgin Trend Micro virus potection, which also shows no virus, so what else can I try?

nJJS87SBS6 is offline New Member

Default fix updates

Quote Originally Posted by rkonit View Post
    Happy to know you like the efforts. Thank you so much.

Hmm... Thanks for
    i am sorry to report that utility doesn't work. windows 7 error 80246002.

P.S. It might work in some circumstances but not with this error. Not even MS had an answer.
    P.S. It would be helpful to see a list as the dll are re-install.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123