Thread: Autoreply message - GTalk

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

Lightbulb Autoreply message - GTalk

This happens many time when our gTalk buddies keep buzzing us when we are online but away from desk. Since gTalk doesn't have an option to set status which is therefore always set to online, thus if we have to go away from computer for a minute too we have to go offline.

This is where GTalk Autoreply come in play. Its a desktop utility which let you set your own auto reply message. Installation and using this app is a piece of cake.

Installation and Usage
    1. Download Gtalk Autoreply and run setup.exe.
    2. Run Gtalk Autoreply and enter your Username, Password and Message and active.

For developers like me who want to know what's behind this code and how does it work, this is an opensource application written by shobankr.

Automatic Vacation Responder - For E-Mails
    So you are going out for a vacation? But can't access Internet? No problem! Use Gmail's vacation responder to let people know you won't be able to get back to them right away.You can set up a vacation response in your Gmail settings that will automatically reply to anyone who emails you. While the vacation responder is enabled, Gmail will send a response to anyone who contacts you.

How to setup Vacation Responder-[*]Sign in to Gmail.[*]Click Settings along the top of Gmail page.[*]From the General tab, go to Vacation responder and select Vacation responder on.[*]Enter the subject and body of your message.

Now the important this to whom you want to show this message.
    [*]Check the box next to Only send a response to people in my Contacts if you don't want everyone who emails you to know that you're away from your mail.[*]Click Save Changes.Once this service is enabled you'll see a banner across the top of any Gmail page, displaying the subject of your vacation response.
    To stop Gmail from automatically sending the response, click end now within the banner.

You can use Online IM Responders too
    read more @ Source beingPC.com

seti is offline Member

Thanks for the post, but I never use so it is not much interest to me I am sure that those who do will find it helps them