Thread: Carpal Tunnel are you are aware of the problem? If not you should be

seti is offline Member

Exclamation Carpal Tunnel are you are aware of the problem? If not you should be

Doing my usual trawl of the pc magazines, I came across this article:The Carpal Tunnel Survival Guide and thought it was so interesting and important that I should bring it here. Rather than quote from the article can I suggest that you go and read it yourself. I made me think, it will probably do the same to you. The link is The Carpal Tunnel Survival Guide - PC World

Cithel is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the link Seti, I'd type more but my wrists, fingers and shoulders are killing me. I wish I knew why...

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Here too : Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - Symptoms, Exercises, Prevention, Remedy. | The Windows Club

Incidentally, I use both my hands (alternatively-on&off) for using the mouse.

Max_Payne is offline Senior Member

I use a Logitech TrackMan Marble: Trackman® Marble®

Highly suggested for these problems.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

I use a keyboard with a trackball - this one: RF Wireless Keyboard with Optical Trackball I never have a problem. And I am usually on the computer 8 hours per day.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

using PCs from last 10 years almost regularly.....till now haven't faced any such problems....I can continuously type for 3-4 hrs without any break...

I use Microsoft ARC mouse....

Thanks for the info !! really helpful....I found my positions correct while using keyboard n mouse !!

seti is offline Member

Thank you for all of your comments, even if you've not had the problem you should all be aware that it can happen and take action now to prevent it from happening to you. The correct sitting possition is an important factor as well as taking regular breaks away from your pc. There is a lot of information out there on this, one of the best is (in my humble opinion) is the one highlighted by AndyK.