Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bing Maps

0 0%
  • Google Maps

0 0%
  • Neither is better they are about the same

3 100.00%

Thread: Bing Maps or Google Maps which is better?

seti is offline Member

Question Bing Maps or Google Maps which is better?

Bing have now released Maps (admittedly in Beta) in competition to Google Maps. Having read a number of reviews and tried it myself, I think Bing is trying too hard and has bought elements of google earth into it. Google Maps however can sometimes not recognise places that I want to know about. So both have their weaknesses. So I thought I would start this thread to see what the members here thought which one was better.

Jal
    Jal is offline Windows Enthusiast

Bing Maps Beta is good and much more accurate than the current version of Bing Maps. (Places are more accurately labelled and scaling is proper)

Although it mimics the StreetView of GMaps, it's not that bad. Streetside has clearer pictures, good elevation from the ground and I kinda liked it. Traffic analysis is also a useful feature (although it's not yet availble in my country).. Photosynth integration was uncalled for (when one can have street view).

May be it's just me but Bing Maps Beta on Firefox shoots up memory consumption like anything. It's just a beta so things may get ironed out in the final version.

Overall, Bing Maps Beta is really good. There are times when you just dont have see who copied who.. you just have to compare who provides the same thing in a better way.
    Last edited by Jal; 4th December 2009 at 12:35.

leofelix is offline Member

I think they are about the same