Thread: Google Translation Bar for your Browser

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Lightbulb Google Translation Bar for your Browser

Here is a nice post I came across on HowToGeek.

One of my favorite bookmarklets translates the current web page into English using Google Translate: you can find it here. Unfortunately, Google Translate doesn't handle properly web pages dynamically generated using JavaScript. For example, if you try to translate Google Pack's Chinese homepage, you'll notice that most of the text can't be translated.

Google has already solved this problem by adding real-time translation in Google Toolbar and by offering a translation bar that can be embedded into any web page.
    More at Google Translation Bar

leofelix is offline Member

Thank your HappyAndy
    I added that Google Translator Bar to firefox.. and uninstalled: it is really tiresome IMHO:-) It keeps on asking to translate almost everything.

So I simply added some wordreference.com search engine.
    Not the easiest way to translate a webpage into my language, of course, but Google translations are really terrible

seti is offline Member

Thanks for the information, both Andy and Leofelix. I personally never use any tool bar. I would like to know from Leofleix however what translation application he would recommend, if any, becauese I have a freind who makes posts else where and I can never understand them.

leofelix is offline Member

@ seti: my favourite application is a course of a foreign language, some months in a foreign Country speaking only their language without thinking in his/her own idiom.

I've tried the above mentioned method: the very first days you will feel completely isolated and when you go back home you'll feel isolated again 'cause you do not think in your own language, tend to reply in a foreign language and some of your habits have changed.

I think human beings will never undertstand one each other completely even if they speak the same language.
    Perhaps It would be sufficient to put themselves on other people's shoes
    Last edited by leofelix; 11th December 2009 at 18:40.