Thread: Fix WMP : Discussion thread.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Lightbulb Fix WMP : Discussion thread.

Fix WMP freeware portable app re-registers all the concerned Windows Media dll files required for the smooth functioning of Windows Media Player.

If you are facing any issues or getting any error message while running Windows Media Player, run this utility. It will re-register over 40 dll files required for for the smooth functioning of WMP.

Please run this utility and see if it addresses your issues, before moving on to Advanced WMP Troubleshooting.

Thanks Ramesh & Ritesh for helping out.

miccity is offline New Member

Hi HappyAndyK,

does this help to fix codec as well??? cause My WMP12 couldn't play video even mkv file which I usually play it with... after I uninstall a player which I seldom used... I guess it removed some file from WMP12 as well.... Could you help to fix this??? I would be very much appreciation for your concern on this matter...

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

I do not think that this will fix a missing codec problem. For that you have to install a codec pack. Codec packs can have their problems so you want to be careful what you are using. Here is one that is pretty safe ( Shark007.net - Windows 7 Codecs - WMP12 Codecs ). There is also a Vista version. I have also been using this one without problems ( Download K-Lite Codec Pack 6.50 (Full) - FileHippo.com ).

philip.sky is offline New Member

hi HappyAndyK;

would you offer me some information about the Fix WMP,or provide me a list of ddl files those the Fix WMP re-registers ,please?Cuz now I'm trying to make it in my project.Thanks in advance!

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I guess we will have to wait for its developers Ramesh and Ritesh to get back. Meanwhile let me search and see if I can find the list on my computer now.

philip.sky is offline New Member

Thanks for the help Andy!