Thread: Do you want to learn Game programming from Basic

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

Default Do you want to learn Game programming from Basic

“Getting Started Making Games with C# and XNA Game Studio” is a programming course for students with no prior programming experience. It is intended to engage students with the craft of programming by the creation of gameplay using the XNA game framework.

This complete course is Authored by MVP Rob Miles

Learn more about the course and download it here.

Via beingPC.com

seti is offline Member

My son teaches game programming at University, and he has a BA and MA in it and tells me it is very hard as most of his students fail the course or give up. People think these things are easier than they look, but have a look at this for yourselves as serves as a great introduction to things. Thanks for the post my friend.

Yeah it is as easy like WYSIWYG, like taking a character and putting him on the screen there are a lot of programming involved in it.

Well just to share: I was very interested in Game programming in my First year of College and want to learn it, so I asked my Computer Lecturer to guide me (as I added that I am good in programming). So He asked me have you ever played a TIC TAC TOE, so go and try programming a Tic Tac Toe game in Vb (as I am comfortable with Vb). And tell you what it takes a hell lot of programming to create a simple game like that. What he was expecting with me in 15 days I gave him in 2 months (and that too by eating a lot of his brain).

And after that I quit (:

Carpman is offline New Member

What I find interesting about the current state of the gaming market is the fact that in a lot of cases we demand so much from our games nowadays ... it's not really like the good ol' days where you could impress the socks off of somebody with a text-mode Star Trek simulation. After all, look at popular titles such as Crysis ... it seems to me like the scope of developing software like that is practically within the realm of a Hollywood movie production.

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carpman View Post
    What I find interesting about the current state of the gaming market is the fact that in a lot of cases we demand so much from our games nowadays ... it's not really like the good ol' days where you could impress the socks off of somebody with a text-mode Star Trek simulation. After all, look at popular titles such as Crysis ... it seems to me like the scope of developing software like that is practically within the realm of a Hollywood movie production.
    That is why so many drop out of the courses and why it is now a BA and MA course which takes over 3 years to complete and thousands of hours study, so my son tells me

^ Hey Seti when your son is going to join TWCF....may be I can learn some programming concept from him

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by riteshtechie View Post
    ^ Hey Seti when your son is going to join TWCF....may be I can learn some programming concept from him
    Unfortunately because of his job he is not allowed to join anything on line and he his far too busy to be honest he works long hours teaching and marking students work and everything else that involved.