Thread: Google AdSense Placement for best results

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Lightbulb Google AdSense Placement for best results

The best location for Google ads varies from page to page, depending on content.

Certain locations tend to be more successful than others. This "heat map" illustrates the ideal placing on a sample page layout. The colors fade from dark orange (strongest performance) to light yellow (weakest performance). All other things being equal, ads located above the fold tend to perform better than those below the fold. Ads placed near rich content and navigational aids usually do well because users are focused on those areas of a page.

While Im no expert on this, new bloggers should try various combinations/placemenst for a week each maybe and see how they perform.

Read more at Google.

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

I am getting Public Sectors Ads in my blog...........reason being: Google says I need to add a PIN no for verification purpose which they will mail me at my home...........any idea whats going on?

arvind_kumar is offline Senior Member

Me too had problem somewhat like you. Then I updated my whois information so that the address I used while submitting request to Adsense must be same as that whois shows for your website with correct pincode.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Dont remember exactly but once you register for adsense, I think Google send you a PIN number which you have to enter in your account for the ads to start appearing...

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

^ But its over a year............and now ad sense remember they had to send me a PIN.....................May be that because I have reached half the amount required for withdrawal

vasu.jain is offline Microsoft MVP

now thats a choice between neat blog layout vs some extra money... after chkng out this i realized now y my google adsense account has just a few $ in years..