Thread: Preview of my next application 7LogonManager

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Lightbulb Preview of my next application 7LogonManager

I have been working on a new application for the past couple of months and I'm getting itchy just to at least share a bit about it

7 Logon Manager A Windows 7 Logon Screen Editor for Windows 7 32 Bit and 64 Bit

[IMG][/IMG]

I took away some of the functions for the screenshot just because there are always those lying in wait LOL

Will be 2 versions. A free version and Paid version (yes paid version, there is alot of work involved in this)

Free version will have a number of presets allowed to use to customize the Logon Screen . I haven't decided on how many yet, but it will be 5 or under

Paid version will be limitless. It will be just a matter of creating the custom screens and how many how fast

First version will not be able to create your own custom screens but I am not throwing that idea out the window for future releases

Will be able to set usertiles at different locations on the screen, custom userbox windows, custom buttons and textbox. Different fonts, keep or remove (not disable) items like Ease of Access, Shutdown buttons, Version Banner, Frame around UserTile..................

Any feedback is appreciated. Have an idea for a Logon Screen lemme know. Any that are suggested would be added to free version.

I hope this will put some smiles on peoples faces, alot of sites are posting Logon Screen Editors including one of the largest Windows Customizing Companies in the world, and if anyone has used them, they know, they are simply Wallpaper Changers. Kinda getting tickled knowing it will be the first

I gotta go watch a parade. I get time this tonight I'll post a screenshot of my Customized Logon Screen just to give people an idea of what's in store
    Last edited by LeeW; 9th February 2010 at 21:37. Reason: add a note

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

This reminds me of Stardock Logon studio been using it for years from XP through Vista and now on 7. I do like the idea of changing the logon page around a bit but not the idea of a "Paid version".

Unless you ensure your work is properly protected by copyright law I can see this being reverse engineered and given away for free.
    Last edited by johnny.rotton; 9th February 2010 at 23:36.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Looks nice.

But it will have to be really different from the 9 freeware being offered, for it to succeed as a shareware, however.

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Looks nice.

But it will have to be really different from the 9 freeware being offered, for it to succeed as a shareware, however.
    Definately different. Changing the wallpaper isn't the point of the application at all. Alot of work to completely change the Logon screen and this is why I am going to have a paid version. But also when I say paid version I by no meens plan on making a fortune, I meen a couple of dollars for it, nomore than 5.

And to the comment about it being reverse engineered, Sure I have thought of it, they can try. LOL. This isn't your average editor and I am taking steps to keep the code secure

MrMBerman is offline Senior Member

Doesn't changing the graphics on the log on screen slow down start up times?

I agree it's prettier looking than the default blue, but we have been living with that default blue in it's many guises since 1995.