Thread: Windows 7 KEY can we trade if we have used it

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

Default Windows 7 KEY can we trade if we have used it

I came across a discussion here Windows 7 Ultimate Activation - Raymond.CC Forum

Hi ,in January I won Win7 Ultimate

I install Win 7 and activated serial that i win,but i dont like this new win 7 and go back to Win XP.

My question Is:
    If i make A giveaway on raymond.cc forum will the serial work on another PC?
    Does that mean we can use the same on any PC as long as the previous owner has removed the key from his system?

MrMBerman is offline Senior Member

There is no need to remove the key as Microsoft will allow you to activate a retail copy of Win 7 up to 3 times.

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

OK say we have used 1 license on 3 PC after that if we want to use that than by removing license from 1 pc can we use that in other and so on.

HappyAndyK is online now Site Administrator

If its a retail key, you can install it only on one computer at one time.

But this retail key allows multiple activations. You will have to uninstall Windows 7 from the initial computer and install it on another computer an then re-activate the new copy of Windows 7 again.

Boxed Windows 7 retail license can be activated via the Internet for the first 5 times. Subsequently you may have to activate it via the telephone.

If I have erred anywhere, please correct me.

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Andys correct. As long as you have uninstalled it from the previous machine it will work on your new one. I did it last week. I took a disk purchased with 1 of my Toshibas that I didn't use and installed it on another Toshiba Tablet I own and no troubles.