Thread: possible fake TWC e-mail ??

daev95 is offline New Member

Default possible fake TWC e-mail ??

hi! since i few days i receive fake e-mails with virus i received one with your name in it (thewindowsclub@hotmail.com) and a link to download a virus like if it was the windows 7 start button changer,

http://i48.tinypic.com/ncyzgh.png

i though i should say for if someone receives too and opens it and thinks its your fault, sorry for my english, if you need any more info of email please say, luv your webpage!!

Last edited by daev95; 14th February 2010 at 19:51.

StrayCat is offline Senior Member

daev95

I guess most of us received an email today about the windows7 button changer, but it was a genuine one from HappyAndyk. In your case you should flag that fake message as unwanted in your hotmail.es account

If you want to receive genuine messages from TWC, go to your TWC Control Panel (CP) account- edit options tab and check "Receive Email from Administrators".
    Last edited by StrayCat; 14th February 2010 at 19:53.

daev95 is offline New Member

thank you!! i though it was fake email

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Hi, This was sent by me. Once every 3 months or so, I send an Admin mail. I have been told, by Corrine too, that it landed in her Junk folder. Sorry about the trouble. Next time I will use a 'at thewindowsclub dot com' address.

If anyone does not wish to receive these quarterly mails, one can always un-check the option to receive them via your User CP. Meanwhile would be nice if you could add 'thewindowsclub at hotmail dott com' to your safe list

SysOp is offline Forum Admin

Changed some settings. I think now it wouldn't appear as fake.