Thread: Has anyone heard of this magazine?

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Default Has anyone heard of this magazine?

I got an email this morning from a German magazine asking for permission to publish one of my applications on a cd to include with their magazine but me being from the US I am not familiar with alot of magazines abroad. Just wondering has anyone heard of this magazine and are they legit. So many scams around you never know.

com! Magazine
    com! – Das Computer-Magazin | Tipps, Tricks und Tools für Windows und Linux

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

No harm in saying yes, as long as the magazines re-distribute it as freeware.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    No harm in saying yes, as long as the magazines re-distribute it as freeware.

I agree. Just curious as to its existance. Kinda reminded me of PC World magazine but alas I can't read German.

Yea, from what I gather it's for their October issue roundup of must have freeware.

Making sure it's listed as a TWC application. Get some limelight on the site if it isn't bogus

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

hi !

not really sure what you mean by "legit" ?

i think i have seen the magazine before, in shops in Germany, but maybe also in the local library which previously had several german computermagazines.

at least i remember "CHIP", it could have been "com!" too.

looking at their own website, it seems they have been around for several years, since they mention older magazines from 2005.

i don´t know about USA, but there must be several companies that imports international newspapers/magazines, ask them if they have heard about "com! – Das Computer-Magazin".

Quote Originally Posted by hackerman1 View Post
    hi !

not really sure what you mean by "legit" ?

i think i have seen the magazine before, in shops in Germany, but maybe also in the local library which previously had several german computermagazines.

at least i remember "CHIP", it could have been "com!" too.

looking at their own website, it seems they have been around for several years, since they mention older magazines from 2005.

i don´t know about USA, but there must be several companies that imports international newspapers/magazines, ask them if they have heard about "com! – Das Computer-Magazin".

Legit meening a legitimate magazine. I get at least 20 emails a day from different sites awarding me with this and that award for my applications.
    Here is a site button to place on your application.......................
    I know alot of it is to just promote their own malware ridden websites so I tend to steer clear of any and all offers that come through. When I read !com's email I checked their site out and it looked like a legit magazine but Googling them I came up with nothing. That's why I was hoping others that live overseas may have heard of it so I knew it wasn't spam.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

That is a good German mag. No problem.

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

Hey LW that's a legit and quite popular magazine, even God Mode Creator and my other apps also made up to their Covers. So no probs go on.

Quote Originally Posted by whs
    That is a good German mag. No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by riteshtechie View Post
    Hey LW that's a legit and quite popular magazine, even God Mode Creator and my other apps also made up to their Covers. So no probs go on.

Thanks WHS and Ritesh, I did some more checking on the mag earlier and emailed them a consent, but I'm glad to know another user has dealt with them before.

StrayCat is offline Senior Member

L.W.
    I agree with the others.It's one of the numerous good IT magazines I came across when visiting Germany(and of course there is Chip,PcWelt,PCMagazin,ComputerBild too)
    Last edited by StrayCat; 23rd July 2010 at 16:34.