Thread: How to integrate icons at Navigation Bar ? [WordPress Tutor]

bkr3 is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default How to integrate icons to Navigation Bar ? [WordPress Tutor]

Hello friends !

let's see a simple way to affix the images to Navigation Bar alike following

first of all, you need the Category & Page I C O N S WordPress Plugin. Download & activate the plugin to insert the images to WP-Blog

Plugin Description :

It easily adds icons to sidebar of categories and pages. All features are flexible and ajax based.Using this plugin, you can add icons (images) to sidebar of your site or blog into section of categories and pages.

Installation :

After you activated the plugin, Navigate to Icon Options & Settings (below to Comments & above of Appearance)

1.Go to Settings & Set Thumbnail Icon Width Suitably

2.To Upload, Go to Icons & Navigate to Add / Delete icons, Click on Select files & Select the icons & upload in .png format, It'll be crunched automatically after uploading the icons.

3.To Affix the icons to the Navigation Bar, Go to Assign icons to Pages & assign as you wanted.

4.Now you've successfully integrated the icons to the Navigation bar of WordPress Blog

FAQ :

How to add Icons to my page or category section at sidebar?

Icons automatically appears at the sidebar, after assigning them to the pages or categories at icons admin menu. You do not need to insert some special code for inserting icons. Icons automatic inserting also during using these functions: wp_list_pages, wp_list_categories.

If I am using functions `wp_list_pages`, `wp_list_categories` and do not using sidebar, are icons available ?

Yes

Snapshots :

Links :

Change Log

Credits : How to integrate icons to Navigation Bar ? [WordPress Tutor]
    Last edited by bkr3; 19th October 2010 at 12:22.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Wow, that's a pretty detailed tutorial. I'm someone will find it really useful.

Thanks!

bkr3 is offline Windows Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Wow, that's a pretty detailed tutorial. I'm someone will find it really useful.

Thanks!
    i hope you'll add suitable icons to TWC Blog, Do you have the icons related to technology & Microsoft or may i send it you ???

Thanks for appreciating and encouraging :-)

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I'm pretty lazy when it comes to making changes to an existing setup, but I will definitely take you up on your offer, at a later date