Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By japp

Thread: URLCAPT - Take full-length snapshot of any webpage. Download the result as a JPEG,

japp is offline Gold Member

Default URLCAPT - Take full-length snapshot of any webpage. Download the result as a JPEG,

PNG or PDF - or share it directly with the world.

URLCapt - Full length webpage snapshot service

There's also a bookmarklet you can add.

Example:
    Doug_72 likes this.

Matrix is offline Senior Member

Nice find. Not many offer this service of scrolling down and capturing the screen shot of the entire webpage.

J_B_MVP is offline Microsoft MVP

Not many offer the service for free. There are, of course, plenty of 'pay for' applications which will do the job for you. The best one is Techsmith's Snagit http://www.techsmith.com/snagit/. This is the only application I use for taking screenshots for my websites. If you just want a 'one off' screenshot then the free services are worth a look at, but if you regularly need to take screenshots, resize them and save them in different formats as well as, perhaps, add text to the screenshot or highlight certain areas of the screen, you need something more substantial, such as Snagit.

Of course if you don't need to scroll the screen and simply want to take a shot of the area on your screen Windows will allow you to do so by simply pressing the PrtScn button to capture what is on your screen then paste it into Paint and save in your desired file format. If you have more items on the screen and you want to capture the screen in focus, just press Ctrl + PrtScn
    Last edited by J_B_MVP; 17th July 2011 at 16:55. Reason: added Snagit URL

japp is offline Gold Member

Since J_B introduces Snagit I'd like to add that they have a freeware of Jing:
    TechSmith | Jing, instant screenshots and screencasts, home

"Take a picture or make a short video of what you see on your computer monitor."

Secondly: I use a Chrome extension that captures the whole web page or part of it: Awesome Screenshot: Capture & Annotate
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jdcjakblofbmce