DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Can I emulate a program CD/DVD on the internal hard drive?

BudVitoff is offline New Member

Default Can I emulate a program CD/DVD on the internal hard drive?

I have grandkids who have absolutely no respect for the vulnerability of disks to fingerprints, dirt, and other garbage that would make a disk non-functional. They are also taking courses on their Win7 SP1 PC that require loading the disk every time they do a lesson. Rather than trying to teach them the proper care and handling of disks (an impossible task), I would like to be able to copy the disk once onto the hard drive in such a manner that they could do a lesson by running it from the hard drive without any disk handling by their dirty little fingers. Can somebody give me a method to accomplish this?

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

Create a new folder.
    Copy everything from the disk to that folder.
    Then look for the file that starts the course.
    It probably has a name related to the name of the course.
    Fx. if the course is Physics then it might be named Physics.exe, Physics-Menu.exe, Physics_start.exe or something similar.
    Click on that file
    When you have found the right file and managed to start the course, create a shortcut to it on the desktop.

m1ncer is offline Beginner

you can use alcohol 120% for that

Lewis-H is offline Windows Enthusiast

Having CD/DVD emulation software works like having multiple CD/DVD ROM drives. The emulation software allows users to run a CD/DVD image directly from a hard disk after mounting the image to a virtual disk drive. This works the same as or even better than the traditional way for users to run a CD/DVD from a physical disk drive after mounting the CD/DVD onto it.

Depending on the emulation software, the number of virtual disk drives can be easily set to more than 10 or 20, at no extra cost, while the number of physical disk drives is usually limited to one that was bought as part of the PC.