DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Could one of you guys make a windows explorer background changer for w7?

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Working on it off an on as I have the chance. Babies colicky so in between working on it

hentai is offline Beginner

Default wazzz uupppp L.w

hows the progress l.w

bamajon197 is offline Beginner

Good deal. LW, do you still have my email?

Having to teach myself some Windows Shell programming in C (I code in VB.net). If anyone likes I can go ahead and release a program to add and edit background images but you wont be able to Right-Click a folder to do it, you would have to manually select what folder you want within the application. But to integrate it into the menu options\properties of the folder it's taking me some time as I don't have alot of experience with it.

Also been trying to work out some of the side effects that the patch does.

bamajon197 is offline Beginner

L.W., if you still have some more coding to perform, then I can wait.

Default ok bro l.w

keep up the good work and hope you get me that vistas photo gallery viewer id appreciate it very much cant take w7s photo viewer very ****y exspecially with no transition effect,umpf,thanks bro

Win7is..OK is offline New Member

Hey L. W, just registered for the first time here at Windows Club to give you a big shout-out and let you know that there are a ton of people out there waiting for this app and watching this forum. Thanks for all your efforts, it should be a crime that Microsoft does not show the same initiative/felxibity in their software. Thanks again!

I'll have a working app tomorrow. Will be a first version without the right-click/customize this folder properties option but until I get a little more educated on working with the windows shell it will do the job. Would have had it done today but I crashed my laptop last night (working on another application and dug into windows a little deeper than I should have ROFL) and have had to go through the slow all day process of setting everything back up

ok well wait and take your time ok

Ok guys. Got application finished up, ran some tests and for some reason ( I believe it's a permissions issue) it's not working correctly but, I do have a quick fix for anyone wanting to add background images to folders thanks to Ramesh Srinivasan

Ramesh has a registry script on WinHelpOnline to Disable Full Row Selection

How to Disable Full Row Select in Explorer in Windows 7? - The Winhelponline Blog

Scroll you will find a ready made script. After you download the script open it in Notepad and remove the following texts
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
    "FullRowSelect"=dword:00000000
    After you have removed that key entry add the following below the following entry
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\All Folders\Shell]
    "KnownFolderDerivedFolderType"="{57807898-8C4F-4462-BB63-71042380B109}"
    "FolderType"=""

Save the changes and run the registry file to apply the changes.
    Download Vista Background Changer from here
    Ave's Vista Apps: Vista Folder Background

It will integrate itself into your folders properties, you can now change the backgrounds of your folders

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast