Thread: Make Notepad show margins on top and sides in Windows 10

Mousie is offline New Member

Unhappy Make Notepad show margins on top and sides in Windows 10

Hello, everyone! I recently got a Windows 10 computer that I've been customizing to visually resemble my previously-owned Windows Vista & 7 computers. I'm making great progress towards finalizing my customization, but I've hit a bit of a roadblock. I want Notepad to show those little white margins at the top & sides of the program window, like it used to do on Windows Vista & Windows 7.

(For a visual example of what I'm talking about, go to Google Images, search "notepad margins windows vista", & click on the very first picture result. I would otherwise post an attachment or link, but I can't. :-( )

The problem is, I've tried numerous searches on Google about dealing with this issue, only to get hardly any results! Surely, there must be something that can be done to get those margins back--a registry tweak, a third-party program, anything at all! Can anyone please help me out in some way? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! :-)

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

To customize the Notepad Page setup, size & side margins, click on File > Page Setup to see the options.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    To customize the Notepad Page setup, size & side margins, click on File > Page Setup to see the options.
    I'm afraid that only works for printing out Notepad files, not fixing the actual appearance of Notepad in Windows. :-( Thanks for your help, though.

Can anyone else please help me out with this issue?