Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flash Player won't install.

RainPure is offline Beginner

Default Flash Player won't install.

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate with all available updates. When I bring up a website in IE 7 that has a Flash section on it I get an error message that says "This content requires Adobe Flash click here to install it." When I install it I still get the same message.

When I bring up the same websites in Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome the Flash shows work perfectly.

I tried upgrading to IE 8 v2 but I still cannot play a Flash show in Internet Explorer.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? If so, I would be very appreciative.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I just visited the Adobe website and was able to upgrade my flash player to v 10 on IE8, with default settings and Protected Mode 'On'.

In your case, I suggest you try the following:

Uninstall Adobe Flash Player plug-in & Activex control using its Adobe Flash Player uninstaller.

Delete contents of folder C:\Windows\System32\Macromed

Reboot.

Now try to install it again from Adobe Flash Player

If it doesnt help please see Troubleshoot Adobe Flash Player installation for Windows

Else try the stand alone installer of this flash player and see if it works.

Thank you for your response. I tried each step that you suggested with no luck at all. Flash will still only work in Firefox and Chrome...not in IE. It is very frustrating. I don't want to change my default browser away from IE but I may not have any choice.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Hmmm ... give me a day Will see if I can come up with something ... or maybe someone else here may have some idea's ...

Meanwhile, Open Internet Options and Reset all to Default.
    Also use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.
    To do so, Open IE > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab > Click Reset > Close >OK. Restart IE.

And now repeat the above process and see if it helps.

One of the first things I tried was to reset IE Settings...I should have mentioned that earlier. I hope that you can come up with another idea.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Try K-Meleon ( K-Meleon ) which is a fast version of FF with a lot of nifty features. Once you're on it, you won't miss IE. Just make sure you check all the boxes during installation - especially the IE plug in. Then you get your IE favorites.

Flash works fine on K-Meleon too. But that still does not answer the question of why it does not work in IE.

whs

I guess it does not answer your original question. But since you seem to have tried everything under the sun, I am at a loss too. Sorry

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

do one thing install Ccleaner and tune up and remove IE 7 and all it traces now do a fresh install of Ie 7 or Ie8 then install flash player

whs

Quote Originally Posted by knightrider™ View Post
    do one thing install Ccleaner and tune up and remove IE 7 and all it traces now do a fresh install of Ie 7 or Ie8 then install flash player

There is no way (short of vLite) to remove IE7 nor is there an IE7 version for installation on Vista (only for XP). And when you install IE8, you'll have to live with it because you cannot uninstall that either. And I do not see what CCleaner can help in this context unless you suspect some interference from the temporary files - but those can be deleted with the IE.
    Last edited by whs; 30th December 2008 at 06:38.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast