DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Wireless Printing and Seagate Free Agent

tink2725 is offline New Member

Exclamation Wireless Printing and Seagate Free Agent

Hello everyone thanks for letting me join. I found this site searching for problems with the TCP/IP connection error. I have two problems pick one to tackle first.

1. I purchased a wireless printer HP Photsmart C6380 It will not complete the printing process. I added the port to the firewall that seemed to help at first. I still was having trouble so after finding TCP/IP errors I installed the Vista TCP patch. I was able to print MOST of the document but it didn't complete and was very slow.

2. I purchased a Seagate Free agent desktop external HD. When it's connected to my Vista during restarting the Seagate will not allow Vista to start fully, it hangs at the blue screen. I must unplug the seagate everytime before restarting then my Vista starts up fine. Any ideas how to fix this? Seagate tells me it's Vista and they can't help me?

Thanks everyone

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Hi, I am not a hardware guy, so maybe someone else here may help you.

All I can say is that I too use a 120GB Seagate Free Agent Go desktop external HD, and I face no problems that you appear to be facing.

iMav is offline Gold Member

The Seagate issue could be due to USB drivers, I'd suggest you to try the disk with another Vista machine if you haven't & also provide us with the BSoD number, might shed some light.

I don't have another Vista machine. What and where can I find the BsOD information? The window I get when it will not reboot is general no errors at all shown.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I do not get that message. When restarting the computer as it boots up, when vista shows the blue screen to hit f8 ect or boot normaly it just sits there. I must hold the shut off button down (button on tower) and unplug the seagate (the connection from tower to seagate) then restart and it starts normally.