Thread: Router Replacement/no internet access

Becky is offline New Member

Default Router Replacement/no internet access

I just replaced a UVERSE router last week. The device manager page, a UVERSE option, shows it has picked up all devices including the PC that has no internet connections. All devices are marked as on except for this PC. I have scoured the net and found this seems to be an age old problem. I tried EVERY possible suggestion to no avail. I was on tech support a few times without results. They suggested their TechConnect support line that wanted $49 for a one-time session. Since this is a backup PC I declined.

Many suggestions were to update the adapter driver, although for some, this did not always correct the problem. Since there is no longer support for Win 7, there are no drivers available. This one is a 2 Gigabit from 2009. I had a lot of problems with updates, some that never were able to install. That could have been the reason I was never able to download Win 10.

Since I am not a computer whiz, I doubt I will find a solution for this issue.

Will an external adapter work to fix this problem?

Becky is offline New Member

Default Issue Solved

I have solved this issue by installing an external $12 generic Wi-Fi adapter.