DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Firewalls Reviewed

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

how many firewalls we can run on a system at the same time??
    as i am using eset nod32 security suite and it disabled the windows default firewall and running itself's firewall and when i manually activate the windows firewall eset's color changed to red and starts warning me....

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by nitinagarwal1988 View Post
    how many firewalls we can run on a system at the same time??
    as i am using eset nod32 security suite and it disabled the windows default firewall and running itself's firewall and when i manually activate the windows firewall eset's color changed to red and starts warning me....
    Windows firewall is mainly for those who don't have a security suite with a firewall included. It is a very good firewall I must add. You will find that if you have a security suite that windows firewall gets turned off, and if you turn it on then your security suite's one gets trurned off. I therefore think that it right to conclude that if you have a firewall, it does not matter which one that you can only run one at a time (unless someone else known different)

Pwrgrid is offline New Member

Default Firewall use

The use of some type of 3rd party firewall is pretty much a given mandatory nowadays. It's more important that you have some type of firewall more than who you are using. As long as you are using one of the top 10, should be just fine. Personally, I use Norton Internet Security 2009, but thats just my choice. Back in 2004, I stopped using Norton and went to F-secure for several years because Norton was bad about slowing computer resources down to a crawl.

But starting in 2008, Norton made a good come back and this year, the 2009 really works very well and doesn't slow my computers down like in the past. I love my fair share of free utilities and run plenty on my computers, one running xp and the other with vista, but when it comes to my firewall, I always believe you get what you pay for.

Have a great day.

John

seti is offline Member

The use of some type of 3rd party firewall is pretty much a given mandatory nowadays. Quote from previous post by pwrgrid

. This is not true the built in Vista firewall is very good and better than some other 3rd party firewalls in independent tests. MS did a very good job on this, and it should only ever be turned off if you have a very good security suite

Pwrgrid is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by seti View Post
    The use of some type of 3rd party firewall is pretty much a given mandatory nowadays. Quote from previous post by pwrgrid

. This is not true the built in Vista firewall is very good and better than some other 3rd party firewalls in independent tests. MS did a very good job on this, and it should only ever be turned off if you have a very good security suite
    I appreciate the feedback, but I am not a firm believer in anything Microsoft makes security wise. Just like I enjoy building my computers from independent parts, I like building my security from individual companies. A layered defense is the best way to go. The only sure way to fully protect your computer network is to unplug the router and not connect to the network or even turn your computer on, lol, but how realistic is that.

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

Just my opinion, after installing Kaspersky Internet security 2009 (Genuine), I have feeling very good. You know, it can easily block all things.. In my opinion, KIS 2009 is that best.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123