DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC
 

View Poll Results: Do you use a 3rd party stand-alone Firewall on your Windows ?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I use in-built Vista/7 Firewall

    29 34.12%
  • Comodo

    9 10.59%
  • ZoneAlarm

    7 8.24%
  • Online Armor

    5 5.88%
  • Outpost

    7 8.24%
  • Jetico

    0 0%
  • PCTools Firewall

    4 4.71%
  • Rising Firewall

    0 0%
  • Other

    6 7.06%
  • My Security Suite has an in-built firewall

    18 21.18%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 46

Thread: Do you use a 3rd party stand-alone Firewall on your Windows?

  1. #11
    Casmir's Avatar
    Casmir is offline Beginner
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    42

    Default Kaspersky

    I use Kaspersky Internet security Suite, I use it's firewall.
    But i do disable it sometimes to use vista in-build firewall,But kaspersky firewall is ON most of the time... Even if you don't have a third party firewall, vista firewall will do a good job.


  2. #12
    alsiladka's Avatar
    alsiladka is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    294

    Default

    I used to be content with Vista's Firewall. But with Windows 7, it has recieved some UI changes and now it has become even more helpfull!
    I am happy with it, but only because i do not need a firewall. For those who need a firewall, i think i would agree that the default Windows FW won't suffice.

  3. #13
    nitinagarwal1988's Avatar
    nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pilani, India
    Posts
    1,570

    Default

    i am using Eset nod32 security suite on my vista and it have inbuilt firewall features..... and its working fine with me...but many time i thought is there any way to run two firewalls simultaneously???

  4. #14
    seti is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nitinagarwal1988 View Post
    i am using Eset nod32 security suite on my vista and it have inbuilt firewall features..... and its working fine with me...but many time i thought is there any way to run two firewalls simultaneously???
    I seem to remember that you could do so a few years ago, but with the advent of security suites I think that the suite turns off the windows one. I think the reason for this being to aviod conflicts. But somewhere in the far back of my mind I think I read about a tweak that would enable you to run 2, but I just can not remember where this is

  5. #15
    nitinagarwal1988's Avatar
    nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pilani, India
    Posts
    1,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seti View Post
    I seem to remember that you could do so a few years ago, but with the advent of security suites I think that the suite turns off the windows one. I think the reason for this being to aviod conflicts. But somewhere in the far back of my mind I think I read about a tweak that would enable you to run 2, but I just can not remember where this is
    thanks seti for informing.....now i will find the trick by myself....

  6. #16
    whs's Avatar
    whs
    whs is offline Gold Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,420

    Default

    I am with Roberto. I do the same using Norton IS 2009. Plus I use Norton Ghost to image my system once a week. Blocking all cookies, is problematic. Many perfectly benign websites will not open without (e.g. the website from where I send electronic cards).

  7. #17
    zen67's Avatar
    zen67 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Italy - Florence/Venice
    Posts
    179

    Default

    comodo firewall free is my choice...

  8. #18
    roraniel's Avatar
    roraniel is offline Gold Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    860

    Default

    EDIT: Added Quote:

    Please explain why you switch back and forth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Casmir View Post
    I use Kaspersky Internet security Suite, I use it's firewall.
    But i do disable it sometimes to use vista in-build firewall,But kaspersky firewall is ON most of the time... Even if you don't have a third party firewall, vista firewall will do a good job.
    Last edited by roraniel; 18th March 2009 at 18:56.

  9. #19
    seti is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roraniel View Post
    Please explain why you switch back and forth.
    i have stopped using AVG now it has become too bloated and have gone for KIS 09 which isn't. I think many will stop using AVG for this reason

  10. #20
    pathfinder's Avatar
    pathfinder is offline Beginner
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    30

    Default

    I am using Windows Vista firewall and have consistently come up "Stealth" in all of Steve Gibson's tests.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22