View Poll Results: Which Anti Virus solution do you recommend for Windows ?

Voters
187. You may not vote on this poll
  • Avast

32 17.11%
  • AVG

8 4.28%
  • AVira AntiVir

17 9.09%
  • NOD32

26 13.90%
  • Kaspersky

32 17.11%
  • Norton

18 9.63%
  • McAfee

4 2.14%
  • BitDefender

6 3.21%
  • MSE / OneCare

25 13.37%
  • Other

19 10.16%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Anti Virus solution do you recommend for Windows 7 or Vista ?

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

I have only ever used Norton 0? I did switch to Norton 360 & 360.2 for a year but when I got my wife a new laptop for Christmas it came with Norton 09 and I was sold instantly. I agree with what whs said about it being light on resources as well, even compared to 360.2.

ajaypathak is offline Microsoft MVP

norton 2009 and windows live once care are good antivirus for windows vista. but microsoft is planning to close the sellof live one care and introduing a free security solutions to windows users that they can download it from microsoft website.
    norton 2009 work really well with windows vista.

seti is offline Member

I had heard about this back last year sometime that Microsoft were planning to do this. It will be intersting to see what they come up with.

tonyw is offline Beginner

I use 'stopzilla' it does the lot including commercial keyloggers!!

skidmark is offline Windows Enthusiast

+1 Avast

Total of all I've used are Webroot, Avast, and AVG so....

seti is offline Member

Thumbs down update AVG 8.5

I do not know what has happened with AVG now they've moved to 8.5. It completely slowed my system down so that I could not even get on the net, and took ages to run. So sadly I can not recoomend it anymore and have taken the Avg Internet Security off, and have put on Avast

seti is offline Member

I am sorry,but I have another update. Thanks to 2 friends (they know who they are) I can not recommend AVG any more. I have now gone for KIS 09 which others here have been saying is great. I tested it first, by going to shileds up at grc.com and it passed everything there with flying colours and then I did some further research and that was all good so I went ahead with it. I have to admit it is great, a quick scan on pc was completed in less then 1 min. and it showed me flaws in my system and gave the solution. So give it a try folks

Dexter is offline New Member

i vote for KIS2009....its pretty good...Eset NOD32 is a good alternative....

roraniel is offline Gold Member

Welcome to the KIS fan club.

For those considering KIS 2009, don't make the mistake I made.

I had several programs including firewall, and several anti makwares on my computers so I decided to get KIS Anti Virus instead of KIS Internet Security (saved $20).

Then I noticed that in addition to the additional security (which I thought I did not need) KIS Internet Security included a license for three computerrs.

I managed to get a refund for KIS Anti Virus (within first 30 days) and bought KIS Internet Security. It is perfect for me since I happen to have 3 computers!!

Quote Originally Posted by seti View Post
    I am sorry,but I have another update. Thanks to 2 friends (they know who they are) I can not recommend AVG any more. I have now gone for KIS 09 which others here have been saying is great. I tested it first, by going to shileds up at grc.com and it passed everything there with flying colours and then I did some further research and that was all good so I went ahead with it. I have to admit it is great, a quick scan on pc was completed in less then 1 min. and it showed me flaws in my system and gave the solution. So give it a try folks

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

For those that live in the US, I make you aware of the fact that Norton IS and KIS are frequently offered with rebates. That's how I got both programs for just the price of the sales tax (6.5%). Last week, for example, Office Depot had offered NIS for $9.99 for legacy users and $29.99 for new users. So keep studying your Sunday ads. - Office Depot, Staples and to a lesser degree BestBuy.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast