Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Secunia security scan.

alsiladka is offline Senior Member

My security softwares on Vista is only Norton Anti-Virus 09, along with Vista Firewall. CCleaner and Tune Up Utilities 2009 make up my maintainence programs. Thats it. Dont need anything else.

And i need the Anti Virus only because of the irritating viruses brought home via pen drivers of my friends from the various cafe's they visit. Otherwise before the recent spread of the pendrive autorun spreading viruses, i used to be without an antivirus, though with Vista's UAC on.

v3loc1ty is offline Gold Member

Default i highly recommend secunia -is great program

Internet Explorer Data Binding Memory Corruption Vulnerability - Secunia Advisories - Vulnerability Intelligence - Secunia.com

i wasnt aware of that till secunia alerted that it patched it up. dang IE7 . anyways, i have secunia active when i log in. its the only one i rely on daily. do you also agree its a great, how should i say, "watchdog" of sorts? of course theres out there, but i place 100% trust in secunia.

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by v3loc1ty View Post
    Internet Explorer Data Binding Memory Corruption Vulnerability - Secunia Advisories - Vulnerability Intelligence - Secunia.com

i wasnt aware of that till secunia alerted that it patched it up. dang IE7 . anyways, i have secunia active when i log in. its the only one i rely on daily. do you also agree its a great, how should i say, "watchdog" of sorts? of course theres out there, but i place 100% trust in secunia.
    Aren't you on Auto-update? And haven't you gone to IE8 that really amazes me if you haven't, and you are only vulnerable if your anti virus protection is not up to date. MS is doing patches next tuesday, but I'd be going to IE8 if I were you. As far as a Watchdog I have Scotty on Patrol all the time from winpatrol and he never lets me down

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by v3loc1ty View Post
    following secunia's scan, i installed a secured update of java . i see in the installed section i have two-

java 6 update 11 and java 6 update 2. should i uninstall java update 2? the java update 11 is the update i downloaded few hours ago.
    Guess what? Your version of SunJava is out of date already. The current release of Java™ Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 is identified as version number 6u12, released last week. (Be watchful for the pre-checked option for the MSN Toolbar. It is not a requirement for obtaining the update.)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345