Thread: Effectbank - debugger inquiry

v3loc1ty is offline Gold Member

Default Effectbank - debugger inquiry

recently, i tried downloading a program called effectbank, a gfx application.. the company is based in hungary. even after i scanned the link, scanned the file for viruses..after downloaded and opened program, a popup said debugger detected. alarmed, i removed it and ran CCleaner .. im sure im safe now.. but is debugging harmful?

seti is offline Member

check the explaination out at wikipedia from a quick read there it does seem harmful

i have looked it up on wikianswers site..but since ive deleted files and ran CC. im in the clear.. never put trust in programs from hungary or other remote locations -IMO.

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

^So you have managed to clean that files..Good.Was it a free program?

yes it was. but i think i have enough gfx programs to play around with that are trusted sources like paint.net, gimp and twisted open brush studio.

Esthefan Maleki is offline New Member

Default Post from authors

Hello, I am the publisher of Effectbank. Just a few words: we try to keep our programs harmless, virus and advertisement free. Could you please send us a detailed description of what you experienced? (illusions.hu at gmail.com)
    Thanks. Regards,
    Esthefan Maleki

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Esthefan Maleki View Post
    Hello, I am the publisher of Effectbank. Just a few words: we try to keep our programs harmless, virus and advertisement free. Could you please send us a detailed description of what you experienced? (illusions.hu at gmail.com)
    Thanks. Regards,
    Esthefan Maleki
    Hi Esthan

I am sure my friend will do as you request. It may be an idea that you send a lnik and programme details to here so that our Moderator who are MVPs can check it out and give you the all clear on this forum, because what we as members here do is tell of our expereinces good and bad to aid everyone here.