Thread: Minimal security threat detected by secunia

v3loc1ty is offline Gold Member

Default Minimal security threat detected by secunia

in image here you see there is a security patch that needs to be filled. however, after checking windows update, there seems to be no new security update to be downloaded. the secunia forum mentioned something about false claim to this.. hmmmm

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Scan with Kaspersky free scanner or SuperAntiSpyware. Then you know where you are.

hmm now i read in secunia forum, said, that threat was from a glitch..and should be regarded as no threat..i beleive them. my anti virus and spysweeper/defender didnt activate so its alright.

alsiladka is offline Senior Member

Click on the advanced option at the top rigth corner of the window. Thats how i use it. Gives you more information and details.
    In the Advanced view, you will be understand what the problem is. Or if you are unable to understand the issue, post a screenshot, we would be more than ready to help you

seti is offline Member

if you are worried try looking at Computerworld - News, Education & Headlines - Security, Storage & Networking - Information on Hardware, Software for Laptops & Desktops they have a very good uptodate security information section there along with the latest news items.

thx seti i read the article. as for security threat, its false as the forum mentioned. so next time it happens again, ill be sure to check secunia forum to see if the threat is true or not.

roraniel is offline Gold Member

Secunia does not check for virus or spyware threats. It checks for out of date programs since 99% of program updates these days are to fix security flaws, it is good to keep things up to date.

In this case it sounds like it was giving a false reading of Vista needing a security update.

Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    Scan with Kaspersky free scanner or SuperAntiSpyware. Then you know where you are.

i downloaded some security stuff, then after that i scanned with secunia and the scan revealed nothing out of ordinary. so all is well