DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kaspersky Internet Security will not start

Jay
    Jay is offline Beginner

Default Kaspersky Internet Security will not start

Hi
    Im getting this message in Notification area often solve Pc issues: 1 important message Turn on Kaspersky Internet Security (Important).

After re-starting pc shows everything is okey but few minutes later this message popup again

im running my computer as admin ..no other account exist and UAC is not off either ....

Any advice

Last edited by Jay; 16th January 2009 at 21:22.

seti is offline Member

I had a similar problem with avg this week and went to their site to get a solution as it happened after I'd done an update. The first thing you shoud do is check what your security centre says (your Kaspersky) if that says it is fine, then do what I said first, if no answer there try online help from microsoft

Jay
    Jay is offline Beginner

My kaspersky is uptodate and in notification area always shows Kaspersky internet security reports that it is turned off and i tried to turn it on from thr but not works...
    and how can i get online help from Microsoft ???

seti is offline Member

firstly try the kaspersky site for help first that should always be your first port of call, because it seems as if it could be a problem with the internet security. Another alternative is to remove it completely from your system and then get the latests version via a download. If that doesn't help then try techblog from microsoft. and you can always get online help through search it has a tab which asks if you would like to online for extra help

roraniel is offline Gold Member

Did you do an upgrade or fresh install? If you did an upgrade try to uninstall and reinstall KIS, I am running KIS with no issues at all but I did a fresh install.

I also suggest you use revo uninstaller to do a COMPLETE uninstall.

Revo will scan your computer for left over registry entries and files. Make sure you only delete the BOLD registry entries as these are the ones written to the registry by KIS.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Yes, repairing KIS installation may help.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Make sure you only delete the BOLD registry entries as these are the ones written to the registry by KIS.[/QUOTE]

Even if you "select All", Revo will only delete the bolded entries. It will not touch the rest of the path.

I did not know that. You learn everyday on WVC!!!

Choto Cheeta is offline Trusted Member

Jay:

Did you ever try a new Kaspersky install? Lets us know if and how the problem was solved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast