Thread: Windows Installer CleanUp Utility - Question

jsj
    jsj is offline New Member

Question Windows Installer CleanUp Utility - Question

When i open windows cleaner, 2 items are there i don't know about-

1.(All Users) Shasta [7.01.0000.0001]

2. (All Users) SFR [7.01.0000.0003]

What are these?

how do i upload an image for you to see?

seti is offline Member

Welcome to the forum, sorry can't help you with Shata as any search doesn't come up with anything, but I'm sure that one of the MVPs will be able to find something. As far as SFR is concerned it means Semantic free Referencing if you go here Semantic-Free Referencing it tells you exactly what they are and you can then make up your own mind what to do about them. Personally I would just clear them,but that is just a personal thing. sorry can't help more

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Are you referring to the Advanced Windows Cleaner software or the in-built Windows Disk Cleaner utility ?

You may use imageshack or photobucket to upload the image and then paste its url here so that we can see the screen shot.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Just in case you are not familiar with uploading screenshots and posting them here (as AndyK suggests), here is the procedure:

1. Create your account at Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket - real easy
    2. Use the folder with your name on it or create a subfolder (recommended). You do that on the left side where it says "New Album" > Save
    3. Go to "Upload Images and Videos", somewhere in the middle. Now click on "Choose Files". This will most likely bring up your "Pictures" folder (but you can select another folder). Double click on the file you want to upload. After a few seconds you will see it. Now single click on your picture. On top of the picture you will see “Resize”. The best size to pick is 640X480.
    4. If you want to post this picture directly on the Forum, click on IMG Code (last link), then right click on that and COPY. If you only want to post the link to the picture, click on Direct link, then right click and COPY. Then you got it in your clipboard (from where you Paste).
    5. Now you can paste this into your posting. If you chose IMG, the picture will only show up AFTER you posted. In the posting you will only see the link. If you chose "Direct link", it will just be a link.

jsj

Question

is this the way you do this, ? it is shasta and sfr
    thanks

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Oh you are talking about the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.

I'm not aware of what these entries are. But I think you could and maybe should let them be as they are.

(Title edited)

jsj

i don't know if it has anything to do with this, but i'm not using it if it is?

shasta software - Google Search

i can't get logged into microsoft communities today, are they down?

tks

i can get into hotmail but not the communities on vista
    Last edited by jsj; 21st January 2009 at 19:14.

v3loc1ty is offline Gold Member

i cant get into MSC too..page load takes forever