DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Online malware scanner - file scan website inquiry

v3loc1ty is offline Gold Member

Default Online malware scanner - file scan website inquiry

wondering if theres a free website that is reliable and can scan your files for potential viruses and other bad entities with the kind of configuration in this image

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

Hi v3loc1ty have you tried Microsoft Safety Scanner. You will need IE7 browser as I'm not sure if its IE8 compatible. Its what I use when I want a second opinion. LINK: Windows Live OneCare safety scanner: Free online tool for PC health and safety. Works with XP but has Vista beta. This will check everything including registry and updates etc.

i tried a file scan site totalvirus or virustotal..one file it scanned revealed these entities.. so thats what i want, any other free file scanning sites. not just scan whole comp, dont need that. just files only

This one is in my bookmarks cant remember what its like though. Have you tried google using "free file scan" as your search topic. Virus File Scanner
    Hope this helps. JR

by the way gridmove was found on softpedia i think..now i must scan files before i open them.

I always try to scan after downloading with Norton 09 before running software. With Softpedia.com I have had problems before with them so I tend not to use there website. Personally I always look on CNET first to find software demos and shareware also computeractive.co.uk is a good download base, its a magazine in the UK and can be trusted. Out of curiosity what is "gridmove"?

ive always thought you could rely on sites like softpedia..but after scan, still you must scan before open file..
    gridmove info

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by v3loc1ty View Post
    wondering if theres a free website that is reliable and can scan your files for potential viruses and other bad entities with the kind of configuration in this image

Try this one which Andyk posted on the rss feed (great information there)http://virusscan.jotti.org/:)

i scanned that file and...

<table id="tablaMotores" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="550"><tbody><tr class=""><td>VirusBuster</td><td>4.5.11.0</td><td>2009.01.20</td><td class="positivo">Worm.AutoIt.EA</td></tr></tbody></table>K7AntiVirus 7.10.596 2009.01.20 Backdoor.Win32.Shark.ajb

hmmm

also seti that link is broken1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast