Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get Virus Information on Windows Live One Care's Virus Encyclopedia

Hari Maurya is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up Get Virus Information on Windows Live One Care's Virus Encyclopedia

Today, I was searching for a virus information and came across Windows Live One Care's Virus Encyclopedia . Here you can find description of the latest Virus, Trojans, Worms and other malware with Recovery Instructions, Preventing Infection,Technical information for more advanced users. All you have to do is justVisit here and type your sweet virus name in search box and click on search. A long list of Virus will be displayed with short information; choose your virus.

So if you have just heard about a new virus or worm, and want to know more about it, just visit here.

Source:TechSurface

v3loc1ty is offline Gold Member

nice catch bro. thx! but hey, how do i know if comp has an infected file saved somewhere

Just run your quick Virus Scan ( full system checkup )....if there are some infected file.....ur Antivirus will inform u

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Nice find. Thanks for the heads up Hari Maurya!

Wouldnt an AV warn you of that, v3loc1ty ?

Pankaj is offline Senior Member

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Since OneCare will be going away, you may want to bookmark the Microsoft Malware Protection Center Portal

References:

* PressPass: Microsoft Announces Plans for No-Cost Consumer Security Offering
    * PressPass Q&A: Improving Global Access to Core PC Protection
    * WLOC Team Blog: Consumer Security Strategy Update

v3loc1ty is offline Gold Member

DOH. i will thx mate

Quote Originally Posted by Corrine View Post
    Since OneCare will be going away, you may want to bookmark the Microsoft Malware Protection Center Portal
    Bookmarked !

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Corrine View Post

References:

* PressPass: Microsoft Announces Plans for No-Cost Consumer Security Offering
    * PressPass Q&A: Improving Global Access to Core PC Protection
    * WLOC Team Blog: Consumer Security Strategy Update
    never argue with a lady and a friend particulalry when you know they know what they are talking about, Bookmarked. Off topic what's your take on inprivate browsing? useful or rubbish?

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by seti View Post
    never argue with a lady and a friend particulalry when you know they know what they are talking about, Bookmarked. Off topic what's your take on inprivate browsing? useful or rubbish?
    (Or when she thinks she knows what she's talking about. )

Seriously, regarding InPrivate browsing, for me personally, I don't see a lot of value added. The reason is that I am the sole user of my computer(s), connected at home not in a public location so not concerned about browsing history, TIFS (temporary internet files), passwords,etc. In addition, InPrivate only blocks third party cookies -- which are blocked by Firefox on my computers anyway -- although from the safety menu in IE8 you can customize which third-party content is blocked/allowed.

Although it was a couple years ago, Ben Edelman was asked by Vinny Lingham and Clicks2Customers to test the current state of cookie detections by major anti-spyware programs. Ben created a suite of cookies and ran tests in a Virtual environment to see which cookies are most affected. He selected the leading anti-spyware programs that detect cookies for the tests. Ben's analysis, Sponsored by Clicks2Customers, is available at "Cookies Detected by Anti-Spyware Programs: The Current Status". I will leave you to read Ben's analysis and draw your own opinions regarding tracking cookies.

One improvement I do like in IE8 is when deleting browsing history, you can save cookies/TIFs for sites in your Favorites folder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast