DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Webroot spysweeper icons arent functioning

v3loc1ty is offline Gold Member

Default Webroot spysweeper icons arent functioning

the icons on desktop and in task bar arent working. the program interface doesnt open up..i want to know if it is still working in background. the task manager reports its "ready" i set it to sweep every moday though.. the icons used to work in past hmm

Corrine is offline Gold Member

What happens when you navigate to C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper and double-click SpySweeper.exe? Does that launch the program to run a scan? Is the service still active?

C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper -takes me to the spysweeper folder..but when type in spysweeper.exe in start menu, says "no items match search".. o_O ? im sure its still active..just last week i did a sweep.
    well anyways, ive activated windows defender to scan while i try find out whats wrong with it.
    Last edited by v3loc1ty; 2nd February 2009 at 00:10. Reason: `

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

What Corrine is suggesting is that you navigate to C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper and IN that folder, click on spysweeper.exe and see if the program opens. If it does, maybe the problem is in your shortcuts. Delete the old shortcut/s and re-build them.

Else run the spysweeper installation file and select 'Repair' option, if it exists or simply reinstall it in the same folder.

ok thx ill try it

well i didnt see the file spysweeper.exe so i tried clicking the icon again in status bar, the splash screen came on..saw the interface..but when clicked on something in interface, it froze up comp and had to restart! ack..its becomeing unreliable eh? im thinking when the subscription ends in july, ill switch..i dunno at this point.
    Last edited by v3loc1ty; 2nd February 2009 at 03:41. Reason: 1