DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware : On the way to becoming #1 Malware Remover !?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Exclamation Malwarebytes Anti-Malware : On the way to becoming #1 Malware Remover !?

One of my favs RogueRemover is being discontinued, says the announcement on malwarebytes.org.

"We discontinued it because rogue products were becoming more aggressive and the product just did not have a strong framework behind it. The product will always exist on the Internet and you can always grab a copy to keep for yourself. However, we will only be updating Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from now on, which we built to handle even the toughest and wimpiest rogue applications."

RogueRemover was a pioneer in its class ... a first of its kind! And many will miss this small useful freeware! But the good news is that all of the great core technologies in RogueRemover and more are included in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a high performance anti-malware application that thoroughly removes even the most advanced malware and spyware. With one of the fastest, most effective quick scans and malware removal capabilities on the market, this program is the perfect addition to your PC's defenses.

Check out the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware freeware version. It is considered to be the next step in the detection and removal of malware. The download gives you the freeware version which does not have real-time protection. etc.

It appears to be the 6th most popular downloads on download.com ... and climbing.

Anybody here have any experience about it? Since after Vista I've simply been using NOD32+Defender combo.

seti is offline Member

Yes Andy I use it along side my AVG internet Security Suite, and it is very easy to use. You can set it to do all the drives that you have and for a quick or deep scan. I do a scan at the end of each day just in case, As it says it scans every bite in case of changes. I think this is another tool that all of us should have on our pc, better safe than sorry. I recommend this to everyone

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Although I have it installed on my computer for test purposes, I haven't needed MBAM to clean any infections -- never had one. Ddepending on the infection, additional tools may be needed, however, MBAM is used regularly on the security forums for removing malware. I highly recommend it.

Personally, I stopped using/recommending Ad-Aware almost five years ago. (That said by a former Administrator of the original Lavasoft Support Forums.)

seti is offline Member

Personally, I stopped using/recommending Ad-Aware almost five years ago
    Quote from Corrine.

Can I ask why? My personal feeling is that it wasn't as good as it used to be, I can't explain it, but it was just a feeling so I stopped using it 3 years ago when I moved to Vista. And like you touch wood I've never had an infection shown up by Malawarebyes, but you can never be too careful

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I for one found, AdAware a bit of a resource hog. The freeware version even had a service starting up every time, unlike its earlier versions.

leofelix is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Corrine View Post
    Personally, I stopped using/recommending Ad-Aware almost five years ago. (That said by a former Administrator of the original Lavasoft Support Forums.)
    So do I,
    I beta tested Ad-aware 2007 and ad-aware 2008,i tried Ad-aware Anniversay Edition...

Ad-aware AE is a little bit improved.it but installs some C + runtimes in order to work.
    If installed over ad-aware 2007 or 2008 doesn't work properly.
    Ad-aware 2007 and 2008 installs an unnencessary service which runs even if Ad-aware is closed and interferes with Windows and other programmes
    Detection rate is low and not comparable woth SUPERAntiSpyware and MBAM detection rate and ability to remove malware.
    I loved ad-aware 5.x, 6.0 and SE edition.

Regarding the news, I liked rogue remover, I believe Marcin and other MBAM developers made the right choice
    Last edited by leofelix; 23rd February 2009 at 17:09.

FicmanS is offline New Member

MBAM rocks... Great little application...

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by seti View Post
    Quote from Corrine.

Can I ask why? My personal feeling is that it wasn't as good as it used to be, I can't explain it, but it was just a feeling so I stopped using it 3 years ago when I moved to Vista. And like you touch wood I've never had an infection shown up by Malawarebyes, but you can never be too careful
    It is a very long story, Seti, and best left with what leofelix pointed out. It is, however, disconcerting that, based on the number of regular hits to the tutorial I posted several years ago, there still is a problem with Ad-Watch killing file associations if the user had Ad-Watch set to automatic -- a problem since August, 2004.

Anyone who spends any time on the security forums will soon see that MBAM is used regularly for malware removal.

ax89 is offline Beginner

I have used Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for a long time on this machine (Vista x64) and my previous XP machine. I never had any serious problem it needed to resolve, but I considered it a good tool in my arsenal that kept my system clean.

Pwrgrid is offline New Member

I have several programs I run on my two computers, one with xp and one with vista. I guess I like to be cautious, but wonder where the trade off is for performance by having too many programs loaded. I run, WinPatrol Plus, Counterspy 3.1 (with active protection disabled because of other security programs running), Threatfire 4.1 (free edition), Autorun Eater, Spyware Blaster 4.1, and Norton Internet Security Suite 2009. I was thinking of adding Malwarebyes Anti-Malware to the pack. Any tips, hints, or suggestions are always appreciated.

Have a great day.
    John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast