DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Windows 7 Security Enhancements

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Default Windows 7 Security Enhancements

Paul Cooke, Director, Windows Client Enterprise Security, Microsoft Corporation, provided a brief writeup on three areas of security enhancements in Windows® 7. The three primary topics focused on in the article include the following:
    • Windows 7 is built upon the security foundations of the Windows Vista® operating system while improving auditing and the User Account Control (UAC) experience.
    • Windows 7 helps IT control what software can run in their environment with AppLocker™.
    • Windows 7 enhances the core features of BitLocker™ Drive Encryption with the introduction of BitLocker To Go™ for removable storage devices.
    See Windows 7 Security Enhancements for more detail about these enhancements.

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

Very informative. Thanks Corrine. Btw, they have fixed the UAC issue in the build 7057.

seti is offline Member

thanks for another great post Corrine

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Thanks for the informative link. Good to see that Windows 7 is building up upon the strong security lineage of Windows Vista.

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Thanks for the informative link. Good to see that Windows 7 is building up upon the strong security lineage of Windows Vista.
    No doubt. Windows Vista is foundation of Windows 7

leofelix is offline Member

Thanks a lot Corrine,
    Just bookmarked I want to read it calmly

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

thanks corrine, windows 7 have a sound security options, UAC is more developed and intelligent, action centre deals with the whole security management, no excuse about the security mangement on W7.
    following your security tips, i feel much safer while using internet and now my system is also fully secured, thanks again corrine for your amazing contribution.

Gossioii6 is offline New Member

Lightbulb A wonderful article

A wonderful article…. In my life, I have never seen a man be so selfless in helping others around him to get along and get working.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

This is all good stuff. But what does it really mean for the simple Joe's like us. It looks like they do a lot for the corporate environment, but I see little additional security function for the stand alone installations. The UAC improvements, however, are welcome.