Thread: Keyscrambler

seti is offline Member

Lightbulb Keyscrambler

I have just come across this free tool called Keyscrambler, (also available in pro version) what it does it encrypts your keystrokes as you type. This prevents keyloggers from following what you are doing and is a valueable addition to your security:
    quote from Keyscrambler:KeyScrambler Personal 2.4: The anti-keylogging browser addon protects IE, Firefox, Flock against keyloggers. It encrypts everything you type into a web page, including logins, account numbers, addresses, email messages, and more. Absolutely Free.

As you see it works with Firefox and IE, including IE8. It can be downloaded at this link which also gives you more details about the other versions; QFX Download

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Hi, Seti.

As a related FYI --

In the event you didn't know, WinPatrol has keylogger detection. Adding keylogger detection to the free version of WinPatrol was added last year. Keylogger protection had previously been only in WinPatrol PLUS. Bill Pytlovany explains here why he added it to the free version.

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Corrine View Post
    Hi, Seti.

As a related FYI --

In the event you didn't know, WinPatrol has keylogger detection. Adding keylogger detection to the free version of WinPatrol was added last year. Keylogger protection had previously been only in WinPatrol PLUS. Bill Pytlovany explains here why he added it to the free version.
    Yes I did know that but not everyone has Winpatrol(although why not)installed and I thought that this was a good tool tio highlight for those who don't

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by seti View Post
    . . . not everyone has Winpatrol(although why not)installed
    Indeed! Why not?

leofelix is offline Member

Thank you seti,
    I tried KeyScrambler some months ago, I decided to unistall it 'cause had some bugs in my opinion. I suppose they fixed them with the version you are talking about...

But now we're happy and proud WinPatrol Plus users
    Last edited by leofelix; 21st March 2009 at 04:50.

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by leofelix View Post
    Thank you seti,
    I tried KeyScrambler some months ago, I decided to unistall it 'cause had some bugs in my opinion. I suppose they fixed them with the version you are talking about...

But now we're happy and proud WinPatrol Plus users
    They seem to have done so. THe thing that I do like is that you can see what is happening as you type, how it is encryting that is. However I would advise all to use the more complete protection of Winpatrol which I have installed on my Son's work computer for him while up grading his security

leofelix is offline Member

thank you seti
    Glad to know they fixed those issues
    Last edited by leofelix; 21st March 2009 at 19:09.