Thread: mcafee anti virus vs trend?

v3loc1ty is offline Gold Member

Default mcafee anti virus vs trend?

my net provider, comcast has a free download of mcafee anti virus a 130 dollar value free..sounds good. but i still have trend virus program which i paid only $50 dollars. someone convince me to stick with trend.. dont convince me to get another security program cuz i dont have additional funds..its between trend and mcafee

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Stick with Trend since you have paid for it and it too is good. After its subcsription is over, you can take a decision.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

How do they figure McAfee costs $130 ?? Do they supply some gold bars with it - LOL. The McAfee's I have seen were from $0,00 (with rebates) to about $60.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

yeah use trend micro till your subscription ends, but give any post of yours a entry to the ESET 6month paid license here. you may get it for free...

v3loc1ty is offline Gold Member

comcast claims the package costs $130 dollars..so they say.. so far trend hasnt given me any problems. it would be a big decision if ill stay with trend when the subscription ends...but most likely, ill stick with it.

leofelix is offline Member

I would never reccomend any Mc Afee security solutions, however here are their retail prices in USA

http://home.mcafee.com/Default.aspx

Whay do not you try to get a free one year ESET Security Suite 4.0 thanks to WVC competiion?

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

omcast claims the package costs $130 dollars..so they say.. so far trend hasnt given me any problems. it would be a big decision if ill stay with trend when the subscription ends...but most likely, ill stick with it.
    If I am not wrong, you can get Vista Basic or Premium for $130 (Atlest, here in India). Don't pay $130 for it.

roraniel is offline Gold Member

Sounds like it is probably packaged with some other poo that you won't want and that adds up to $130.

There are several recent post comparing virus programs and the latest McAfee is moving up the scale but not at the top yet. I would stick with what you have.

BTW. Good to see you are posting more often. Take care friend!

Quote Originally Posted by v3loc1ty View Post
    comcast claims the package costs $130 dollars..so they say.. so far trend hasnt given me any problems. it would be a big decision if ill stay with trend when the subscription ends...but most likely, ill stick with it.